Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.04.2005, 03:27 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
sorry to mislead you into thinking that i actually appreciated something that was created in the 80s beside my girlfriend DS
Arrrrrghhhhhh.......... 8O

And there I was thinking you had some style heheheeheh

BTW man my CD is nearly ready for you (all those synth demo's).....email me some kinda address soon

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 28.04.2005, 03:30 PM

I know some people have commented on the user interface (UI) of the TI not being that great for the new wavetable section.....but to put it into perspective....the Waldorf XTK (a wavetable synth by all measures) also lacks many of the suggestions made.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 28.04.2005, 04:03 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

From what I've seen of the TI interface it seems to rock! At least it looks very, very good imo

Maybe the wavetable section could use some work but still, I was very impressed by the looks of that UI.
Old 28.04.2005, 04:06 PM

One thing which glares out at me as 'missing'......is a dedicated keyboard split button. All of the 80's synth (which had this split function) had a button for it. This is particularly essential when jamming with friends and you need to quickly select sounds 'n zones.....

I miss this feature on the Virus.

DS

Old 28.04.2005, 04:18 PM
New here
New here

The latest ETA on zZounds.com is end of June (had been end of April). I'm not saying it will be here by then--rather, it will definitely NOT be here before then.

I hate to put this in such harsh terms, but anybody who still has a TI pre-order standing at this point has got to be brain dead (forgive me, those who do, but this is tough love for your own good). Any product that's delayed over six months has obviously got some SERIOUS problems. A complete OS rewrite is not out of the question. But who's to say that this rewrite will itself be satisfactory? It may take yet another rewrite, and then 3 to 6 more months.

Unless you're loaded and can drop 2-3K USD without giving it a second thought, I would definitely wait until that machine undergoes some pretty rigorous testing by users and legitimate reviewers like Sound on Sound before committing to buy.

I've resigned myself to the fact that it will be AT LEAST a full year before I buy one a TI, if ever. Once you get used to the idea, it's not that tough to take. You just move on with your life and actually do something productive.
Old 28.04.2005, 05:41 PM

Here's why I think Access has to (and will) turn out a great working product once the TI is released - revenue!! Right now all of those preorders are just that - preorders, which is not the same as sales - they have collected no money from anyone with a preorder. 2nd, when they prematurely announced the TI, they also prematurely discontinued their flagship Virus C line, so they are no longer making money off of that. So they have had all this money going into R&D and marketing of their new product and only have revenue streams from what? the virus classic and powercore lines? So with all this money tied up into the TI line and the limited revenue stream they currently have, they know that they HAVE TO release a good product!! If they don't and the reviews get out that the instrument is buggy, then most will hold off on buying - at which point Access will be in serious, serious trouble. Again, this is just my thoughts as I really have no way of knowing Access's current fiscal position.
Old 28.04.2005, 06:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloatingPoint
The latest ETA on zZounds.com is end of June (had been end of April). I'm not saying it will be here by then--rather, it will definitely NOT be here before then.
I believe this info is no more reliable than any other dealer's estimates, early or late.
Old 28.04.2005, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
Here's why I think Access has to (and will) turn out a great working product once the TI is released - revenue!! Right now all of those preorders are just that - preorders, which is not the same as sales - they have collected no money from anyone with a preorder. 2nd, when they prematurely announced the TI, they also prematurely discontinued their flagship Virus C line, so they are no longer making money off of that. So they have had all this money going into R&D and marketing of their new product and only have revenue streams from what? the virus classic and powercore lines? So with all this money tied up into the TI line and the limited revenue stream they currently have, they know that they HAVE TO release a good product!! If they don't and the reviews get out that the instrument is buggy, then most will hold off on buying - at which point Access will be in serious, serious trouble. Again, this is just my thoughts as I really have no way of knowing Access's current fiscal position.
Sure, the TI will either be the synth which gurantees Access's success for another 10 years.....or it'll be the synth which broke the camels back. I expect it will be the former....

But bear in mind.....all the great synth manufacturers have gone bust at some point. Some have even reappeared recently....(Sequential, Moog, Waldorf, Elka etc etc). Lets just get the TI ontot the market and start using the darn thing! Even if Access scrubed the idea of Total Integration totally and released it as a new super powerful Virus....it would still merit owning. It is my opinion that Access are spending too long on a feature which 80% wont be using...or at the least not using fully. But who knows...

DS

Old 28.04.2005, 07:13 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I don't give a fuck about the vsti integration, they should have release a first OS with the hardware & then release online an OS to make the software work later.
damnn i'm about to buy an andromeda instead.
Matter of time.
Old 28.04.2005, 09:40 PM
Pro
Pro

Kinda makes you wonder why they didn't offer two versions.

One with and one without the software. Some of us would just love to own the new Virus, with the new waveforms and insane amount of voices. We aren't used to using the TI concept so we wouldn't have known what we are missing.

Rebadge some the 'Access VD' and release them

hahahahaha