The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002

The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forum.php)
-   General discussion about Access Virus (http://www.infekted.org/virus/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Graindance and Plasmatron Challenge - Graindance Voting! (http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=30649)

Timo 03.03.2009 08:28 PM

Graindance and Plasmatron Challenge - Graindance Voting!

Graindance Voting

The 'Plasmatron and Graindance Challenge' was a competition where forum users were free to design their own patches to best fit the names 'Plasmatron' and 'Graindance' - both fictional preset names as featured in promotional screenshots for the Access TI-Snow and TI2!

Users submitted a short audio demo (which you can listen to below, in the poll), as well as their patches (included below).

On this page everyone can vote for their favourite Graindance entry! (Please also vote for your favourite entries in the separate Plasmatron poll.)

Voting Rules:

• Please don't vote for your own entry. Choose your favourite from someone else's. If others think yours are good, they will vote for you in return, and it will all balance out! It keeps things more dynamic.
• Vote for the one that you think best fits the name 'Graindance'.
• I will check new accounts, IPs, proxies, etc. for dodgy voting, so in the interests of fairness please don't attempt it!

Without further ado, here are the Graindance entries!:-

Brambos [BB] - [Graindance mp3] [patch]
Ceri JC [CJC] - [Graindance mp3] [patch]
GJVTI [GJVTI] - [Graindance mp3] [patch]
HiEnergy [HR] - [Graindance mp3] [patch]
Matt van K [MvK] - [Graindance mp3] [patch]
Timo [Timo] - [Graindance mp3] [patch]

Thanks to Ceri CJ, all of the patches in the whole competition (both Plasmatron and Graindance) are available in one bank!

[Infekted Graindance & Plasmatron Bank]

Additional user & patch info [here].

ShortBus 03.03.2009 09:15 PM

I was able to get them on my other laptop. Stellar Sounds. Having a hard time voting.

Splat! 03.03.2009 09:35 PM

Timo, killer patch :cool:
Good work, everyone else. Too bad, I didn't have time for this :(
________
marijuana strain index

blairwillis 04.03.2009 04:13 AM

It took a few listens to each, but it was really the evolution of GJVTI's Graindance over the course of the sample that really separated it from the rest. Grainy, Dancey, fancy, shmancy. This is a sound I would use, and I think it best fits the name.

I will have to admit, though, that my initial image tied to the "Graindance" name was more "Rain Dance" and I was thinking of this long line of Irish step-dancers kicking and shuffling about. Then I realized that was River Dance....

Did I type that out loud?

Juho L 04.03.2009 05:10 AM

I also went for that raindance intuition and there were two really good patches that I liked. Tough call.

Damn. I'd enjoyed to participate this contest, but no dice.

brambos 04.03.2009 09:51 AM

Votes cast... difficult call! Some really very usable sounds in this competition.

I really like the wide spectrum of interpretations of the patch names - and the reverse-engineered-creative-process of designing a patch for an inspiring name, rather than the typical other way around. :)

telson 04.03.2009 11:59 AM

i vote brambos here :p ;)

Alakhai 04.03.2009 12:49 PM

GJVTI! great sound man :)

edit: excuse me, I can't download the midi file,my browser simply open the .mid file and won't let me save it on my pc. may someone upload it as a .zip file? or upload it elsewhere?

brambos 04.03.2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakhai (Post 287779)
GJVTI! great sound man :)

Indeed. Awesome patch. Got my vote.. like someone said earlier, the tweaking at the end of the sample sealed the deal ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakhai (Post 287779)
edit: excuse me, I can't download the midi file,my browser simply open the .mid file and won't let me save it on my pc. may someone upload it as a .zip file? or upload it elsewhere?

Have you tried clicking on the patch-link with your right mouse-button? Then choose "Save Target as". That should do the trick.

Alakhai 04.03.2009 01:05 PM

ok it was my shitty browser, I came back with firefox and downloaded it :)