Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 25.10.2012, 02:59 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Default I like Mininova - Am i crazy?

I like the new synth from Novation, the Mininova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDfHhuFF5w

I got a Virus C that is super tweakable, but i have now a GAS (gear aquisition syndrome) attack for that mini synth.

My Virus has no keyboard, so sometimes it's a little bit annoying to go to the desk, turn it on, sit down, play from another keyboard.

With that little guy from Novation i can play from my bed, while i'm asleep, and sometimes while i'm dreaming too....

It seems fun, what do you think?

my soundcloud page
Old 26.10.2012, 02:05 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

I bought this about 3 weeks ago. To put it plainly.... I freaking love it!

I was interested in a microkorg or microkorg-ish synth, to complement my TI2. Saw this online, and knew I had to give it a go.

First off, it sounds great. I had previously owned a Korg R3, and when I would play it along side the Virus it sounded extremely thin, and all around weak. This synth packs a punch is just a joy to perform with.

It is laid out very well, and the action controls are a real nice touch. Other than that, the Vocoder is as you would expect, its a vocoder.... BUT the Vocaltune is pretty cool. It works great for autotune effects, and if I didn't already have a TC Helicon VoiceLive2 it would be incredible! But all in all it works extremely well.

There are a few gripes online, that you can read about. But I have found nothing that has taken away from my experience. It has already become a part of my live rig. Either on top of my Nord Piano 2 for my more conservative gigs, or on top of the TI2 for my electronic stuff! I would really recommend you check it out!
Old 26.10.2012, 02:10 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Hey heyjunjin1, nice to hear from your experience!

You just pushed my GAS a lot again

my soundcloud page
Old 27.10.2012, 03:13 AM
New here

Haha... I'm suffering GAS too... I'm incurable I suppose...
Old 28.10.2012, 03:40 PM
Pro
Pro

Hey, you like what you like! However, for same amount of cash you could get an used Novation Supernova 1 rack, which is a very capable machine and has one of the coolest programable poly arpeggiator and it's liquid to harsh to warm sound plays rather nice with strains of Virus! It's also got a tons of outs and everything is nicely midi controllable...just my two cents!
Old 28.10.2012, 03:41 PM
Pro
Pro

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscillator View Post
I like the new synth from Novation, the Mininova

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvDfHhuFF5w

I got a Virus C that is super tweakable, but i have now a GAS (gear aquisition syndrome) attack for that mini synth.

My Virus has no keyboard, so sometimes it's a little bit annoying to go to the desk, turn it on, sit down, play from another keyboard.

With that little guy from Novation i can play from my bed, while i'm asleep, and sometimes while i'm dreaming too....

It seems fun, what do you think?

Hey, you like what you like! However, for same amount of cash you could get an used Novation Supernova 1 rack, which is a very capable machine and has one of the coolest programable poly arpeggiator and it's liquid to harsh to warm sound plays rather nice with strains of Virus! It's also got a tons of outs and everything is nicely midi controllable...just my two cents!
Old 09.01.2015, 09:06 PM
New here

Maybe I'm crazy but I have a Mininova and an Ultranova. I got the mini first.
Anyway...
A crazy fun thing to do with it is power it with a battery pack. I have a USB power source that is just 4 AA batteries in a case with a USB connector.
I have taken it out into the woods many times and either used headphones or a battery amp. Sitting by a lake I've gotten about 10 hours of playing time on one set of batteries.
Crazy fun.
well... if you like that kind of thing.