Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 11.07.2007, 09:48 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance View Post
Very nice work,
I still have 2 corners of the room untreated ,and still not sure if to build them super chunk style,use a smiler design to yours or do the the same way i did the 2 other corners with flat panels and 10cm air space.

So far i have treated 2 corners,built a mix cloud and did 2 large broadband each at the wall beside me for treating early reflection. the results are clearly audible.
Its funny for me to see people spending top money on gear and monitors yet their room is left completely untreated.
Thanks. Yeah, it was finally a time to build/purchase better acoustic treatment for my room. I have earlier used some foam panels which work well at high frequencies but the bass has always been a problem. I guess I can finally tame the low end better now.
Old 08.09.2007, 11:56 AM
Pro
Pro

Ok, finally I moved to a new place and installed the traps etc.

The sound quality is alot better once again. The walls are concrete so the room is more sensitive to standing waves and it shows when you move around the room but wihtout the traps the situation would be alot worse. The frequency response is quite good and neutral at the listening point. The room doesn't decay much in the higher frequencies and at first it felt very weird. As a result, the stereo image and depth are alot better and accurate. I still attenuate 130hz and 350hz a little with a software eq in logic and all system sounds go thru that master eq. Anyway, I am quite happy now.