Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.06.2007, 04:51 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default SHOULD i buy a VIRUS TI now

well i was going to buy one along time ago.

but because i am pathetic with technology, i decided to wait to see if all the TI problems are fixed.

Havent been at this forum for a year, so can anyone tell me what TI is treting us musicians like these days, and whether i should buy one soon.
Old 12.06.2007, 04:56 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The OS is stable so buy one if you want one.
Old 24.06.2007, 09:08 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

The TI as of right now is very stable with a number of platforms. Now would be a good time to buy.....

However, if you are anything like me then you might be wondering whether Access will be announcing a new MKII version around Winter Namm 2008 (January 200. Access have undoubtedly learned *alot* from the TI and I should imagine the MKII will/would address all the niggles. Things like true USB2 connectivity, maybe a dedicated DSP for the effects section so it doesnt reduce poly, the return of the on/off power button, enhanced User interface. The MKII will be all the things the original TI could have been. For me, thats worth waiting another 6-9 months for.

This is one of the reasons Ive just spent £3k on other studio gear. I cant afford anything for a good 6 months now

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 26.06.2007, 08:11 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

I'd say if you have to ask then you don't need to buy yet, you'd just buy and not ask if it's what you need. (Not being cheeky) I couldn't wait and it has paid off but unlike digital I don't think Access are finished with the TI and I can't seeing the next synth being a Mk2 TI, Not yet anyway simply because things still haven't been completed yet, They may go down the indigo road or something just to pass the time, but folks are still buying so the next product is being held on the shelf (I don't know this for sure but it is standard electronics to have your next product developed in line with your current sales and when they drop to a set limit you start marketing your next product) but we all know access it will be a while before they finally get the TI's sales down.

Anyway I think they'll at least go to OS 3 maybe even 4 with this one before they release a new product, plus with the origin and warldorf synths coming out you wouldn't want to compete in that market as they are craking synths that are in the same price range, and in theory the origin/warldorf will take the majority of the sales for the end of this year imho

Old 26.06.2007, 08:36 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopkris40 View Post
and in theory the origin/warldorf will take the majority of the sales for the end of this year imho

Don't count on it..I tested the Origin at the Music Messe in Frankfurt it only had 3 presets and couldn't be tweaked as it would crash all the time also the Cutoff didn't work at all.The guy said it would be ready as they are working day and night on it..I just looked at him and laughed.
Also the build/Knobs and stick were very cheap and nasty
I was thinking of getting one before going to the Messe but am now getting a SE code8 instead
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 27.06.2007, 08:58 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

What a waste, why take such a good idea as the origin charge a fortune an put cheapo knobs etc on it, I love the theory of it but I also hate cheap feel of synths, I was going to get the roland sh? until I got my hands on it, I played for one minute then walked away, I really love sliders but since I used to own an original juno I was expexting something sturdy (big let down) oh that's my only synth sale biggest mistake.

I have seen this Code in tens pictures but really couldn't pay that much, but I will keep my eyes open for a test rig just so I can hear it, I have seen your posts before and curious