Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.10.2005, 11:56 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Virus TI problems with Sonar 5

Hi.

I see I'm not the only one with this problem but I tought I could report this bug anyways.

I use the TI with Sonar 5 and when the USB is connected the MIDI-timing is totaly out of sync. I can also hear popping noises most of the time, especially when I tweek the filters. I run it through my MIDI-interface for now and It works just as perfect as my Virus C did.

One of the main reasons I sold my C and got the TI was because of the Virus Control VST. I really hope this will be fixed in a future update.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/blizzardsoundz
Old 28.10.2005, 06:46 AM
New here
New here

Hi there, I was wondering if nobody else was having the problems you just mentioned.

I also use sonar 5. When in loop mode using the VSTI the sound crackles / pops @ the end of the loop.
When using the VSTI the MIDI is out of sync really badly. Sometimes it's correct, then it's half a second late, and sometimes the sound is to early.
Using it the traditional (C) way via MIDI and Analog Audio works excellent.
When tweaking filters and other virus knobs you should monitor the CPU usage. This jumps to 100% when moving the filter knobs and it starts crackling.
When the sound is playing and I click on the track to display te VIRUS VSTI the sounds hangs/stutters for a second and then continues. Of course, Audio is out of sync again after that.
Another strange thing is that when I use 3 channels via the plugin, it happens that the 1st channel is correctly synced, 2nd channel is 0.5 second late, and 3rd channel is ok. It does not take long before all 3 channels are out of sync again.

The good thing is that the plugin did not crash yet.

I remember these issues in Sonar with the Virus powercore plugin I used for a while. Sold it because I was not to happy about it.

Maybe you could also log the issue on the Access website to have it fixed soon?

Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers
Ruben
Old 28.10.2005, 10:13 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to glendale

Hi!

I'm working with Sonar 4 (haven't done the upgrade yet and also dicovered big timing problems. But I think, it's a problem in general (if I understood some "timing"-threads here right).

But I've experienced some crashes (either of Sonar and the TI), when switching the Delay-Type while playing from "simple Delay" to some Pattern delay. Does it happen to you as well?

Cheers,
glen
Old 28.10.2005, 09:57 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I don't even wanna bother exploring the Virus Control before they fix the MIDI timing and popping noises. I can't even bounce a MIDI track to audio without getting lots of digital distorition. I'm running 1.05 now so I guess I'll just have to wait for the next update and see.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.myspace.com/blizzardsoundz
Old 29.10.2005, 12:04 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Try just using the Virus as your soundcard , in (sound and audio devices) control panel set all devices to (virus TI audio)

Let me know if that works?
Old 29.10.2005, 12:06 PM
New here
New here

will try that later...... I have a fireface 800 so I will loose a lot of functionality.....
Old 31.10.2005, 06:37 AM
New here
New here

ok, what I did as a "workaround"

I installed v1.05 drivers.
I use the USB MIDI and in the plugin channel output I put Analog out 1/2 instead of USB.
Then the timing is 50MS to early but it is consistent. So the workaround is to set the track midi delay time (in sonar track panel) to 50MS. Then everything seems to be working fine. I tried 3 channels and everything is still working ok. (did not try appegiator yet)

Pity about not being able to use USB audio yet for mixdown etc, but at least now I can use the plugin with the analog out.

Cheers
Ruben