Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 06.05.2004, 01:41 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Rx7000

Thanks alot all this useful is very useful thanks for being patient with a crazy musician. Im actually learning alot very fast thanks to everybody here. (a la crash course in technology).

Even though a triton or say the fathom s have internal storage space, you cant save your sample and preset effects on it to the space? The only choice is external media?
Old 06.05.2004, 01:55 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

you do get an external media which is inserted into the synth
Old 06.05.2004, 03:37 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomer=Trance
you do get an external media which is inserted into the synth
So you cant save it onto the synth even though it has memory and space for patches, you have to save it onto a external device? Is it just me or does that not make senese?

On the symphony of voices cd, it says akai / emu / roland, now a little confused, do they have a seperate disc set for each sampler, are teh samles just wav files. do they have some special extension, ?
Old 06.05.2004, 09:10 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

external memory... pcim usualy
which expend your patch\sound saving memory...
Old 06.05.2004, 09:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx7000
So you cant save it onto the synth even though it has memory and space for patches, you have to save it onto a external device? Is it just me or does that not make senese?
Patch storage space in synths is very small and it's only for the internal patches. You'll have to have a harddrive or SmartMedia to store the patches _with_ samples. I believe you can store sampler patches to synths basic program slots, but you'll have to load the samples every time. I'll advice to get a workstation with a hardrive. That's the best solution. SmartMedia is average solution and PCMCIA is out of question. When you have a HD on a sampler it's easy to store your favourite samples and programs on it and it's pretty fast to load them up.

Quote:
On the symphony of voices cd, it says akai / emu / roland, now a little confused, do they have a seperate disc set for each sampler, are teh samles just wav files. do they have some special extension, ?
The CD contains the samples + patches for AKAI, E-mu and Roland formats. So there's only one CD with samples and few kilos for the patches.
Old 07.05.2004, 12:32 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

"The CD contains the samples + patches for AKAI, E-mu and Roland formats. So there's only one CD with samples and few kilos for the patches."

So theres three diffrent files extensions for every 1 samlpe? Also are the file extensions like chior1.akia chior1.emu choir1.roland, or are some of them .wav?

What extensions does the roland fantom s support, im assumin wav, roland, what about emu and akai?
Old 07.05.2004, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
So theres three diffrent files extensions for every 1 samlpe? Also are the file extensions like chior1.akia chior1.emu choir1.roland, or are some of them .wav?
All the patches share the same samples. Only the patches are different. The samples are in raw-format if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
What extensions does the roland fantom s support, im assumin wav, roland, what about emu and akai?
I just noticed that Fantom doesn't support 3rd party libraries, but there is coming a library converter that will convert AKAI fromat disks to Fantom format.

Edit: Of course you can load the audiofiles from the CD's and construct the patches by yourself, but it takes time.
Old 07.05.2004, 11:48 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Quote:
All the patches share the same samples. Only the patches are different. The samples are in raw-format if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
I just noticed that Fantom doesn't support 3rd party libraries, but there is coming a library converter that will convert AKAI fromat disks to Fantom format.

Edit: Of course you can load the audiofiles from the CD's and construct the patches by yourself, but it takes time.
The symphony voices library says akia, emu and roland, so im assuming the fantom s will be able to play it normal correct????
Old 10.05.2004, 06:47 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

*bump*
Old 10.05.2004, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
The symphony voices library says akia, emu and roland, so im assuming the fantom s will be able to play it normal correct????
Nope. It doesn't. I also thought at first that Fantom supports at least Roland sampler format, but no. But I'm not sure is the format converter already released. You should ask from Fantom forum or other place.