Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 22.04.2008, 12:28 PM
New here
New here

Default why? (price increase)

i just peeped sweetwater.com and the virus ti just shot up in price!
wtf!
it was $2,850 like yesterday and today its $3,280
430 increase for what? certainly not os 2.7 which according to many is hardly
ready for prime time.
i was in line to buy a polar but i'm going to have to seriously rethink that idea.
i am not a huge fan of softsynths but in light of this "price hike"
komplete 5 is not looking so bad right about now.

maybe i'm over-reacting but tell me virus owners, would you pay this
amount if you were buying your virus new today?
i would be most interested in hearing others views on this

peace
Old 22.04.2008, 04:02 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Wow. Definitely a price increase. I wonder why too... The little Waldorf Blofeld looks better every day I look at it and drool. lol

This stuff really sucks! I mean it's not like gas or any other bullshit in the USA is getting cheaper either! US economy is going down the tubes I tell ya! Everyone is making less money, prices are going up, and more people losing jobs or not finding any new ones.

I don't have a Virus yet (any type) and probably going to be a while before I can manage to get one. Thanks to the stupid timing belt in my car going out at 35,000 miles and destroying the engine beyond repair; had to buy a new car!

OK, there's my Tuesday rant. hehe
Synths can be like women. After the initial few months of intense love-making, things become routine, banal. Once the deepest recesses have been probed, new specimens begin to attract the eye, bursting with promise of unique treasures to uncover. --Doof
__
Alesis Andromeda A6, Roland SH-101, Roland Juno-60, Yamaha FS1R, Yamaha SY85, Alesis Micron, Kurzweil K2000VP, Roland GR700+G707
Old 22.04.2008, 04:24 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I see on Zzounds it is going for $2,849.95
Old 22.04.2008, 05:08 PM
This forum member lives here

man, that is insanely expensive. I think that is more than double what I paid for my TI desktop.

don't forget there is always ebay -
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...+ti&category0=
Old 22.04.2008, 06:37 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkzy56 View Post
i just peeped sweetwater.com and the virus ti just shot up in price!
wtf!
it was $2,850 like yesterday and today its $3,280
430 increase for what? certainly not os 2.7 which according to many is hardly
ready for prime time.
i was in line to buy a polar but i'm going to have to seriously rethink that idea.
i am not a huge fan of softsynths but in light of this "price hike"
komplete 5 is not looking so bad right about now.
the euro price for the TI line of product has not been changed since day one. as you might know, the euro/dollar exchange rate has changed dramatically in the recent month. the increase in price only compensates for that change.

we are totally aware of the fact that a more expensive product is less attractive but if you take into account that economically it doesn't make sense to sell a product with a virtually non-existing profit margin you might understand why this step was necessary.

best, marc
access music
Old 22.04.2008, 06:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul
Thumbs up

About time - Im sick to death of companies ripping off europeans (and others to be fair) due to some twisted way of accounting for the lousey state of the dollar.

Hats off to access for having the balls to do it - it must have been a really hard decision and Im sure it will probably hit them, but its really good that they (unlike nord and others) remember they are european and didnt take the apprently easy route of rippig of europeans to make up the shortfall.

I just wish all other synth companies would start playing fair and doing this too, until then, Roland, Dave Smith, Nord Korg heres a STFU from everyone in europe - were tired of subsidising your losses you take in the US to maintain current US prices.

As for winging americans - your problem - you sort it out - your leaders did this to you - not access - vote them out, have a bloody coup - i dont care etc but whatever you do - stop expecting us to pay for it.

Last edited by Khazul : 22.04.2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 22.04.2008, 10:18 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Hear hear Khazul! Australia also pays much more than the USA, or at least used to pay more. The reality is that USA is a large economy, but its no longer the most important economy.

The local distributor system is getting to be a hindrance too. Sure encourage locals to buy through you with a competitive price on the international market, but refusing to repair a unit under warranty because you didn't sell it - that's extortion.

Mind you Khazul, I'm not sure changing the US government is enough to fix the US financial condition.

Cheers,
B

Last edited by LivePsy : 22.04.2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo - OS instead of US
Old 22.04.2008, 10:33 PM
New here
New here

Smile

well i'm happy to see so many responses to my earlier post
especialy from the fine folk at access who graciously stated their position
in a way that makes perfect sense to me considering the precarious nature
of the U.S. Dollar at this point in time.

as concerns the leadership of the country we are sorting that out even as i write this post thank you very much!

i will be buying a polar in spite of the recent "spike" because i am a firm
believer in quality above all else, having said that, when the Dollar once again takes its rightful place above the euro and yen but just beneath the British Pound i fully expect a rebate.

and a good day to you all
Old 23.04.2008, 12:55 AM
Administrator

Has anyone checked if the used instrument market has responded to this adjustment in Access's pricing policy? Maybe there is still time for a good deal on eBAY or some other non-retail exchange? Economics can be a bitch.

And while yes, the U.S. Government does have its fair share of politicians and bonafide elected officials who have their heads up their asses, so does every country in Europe, and every other part of the world for the matter. Your political scum is no better than ours so don't pretend your shit doesn't stink.

Even if you vote the current idiots out of any regime you have done nothing to stop the special interest groups that hold significant and real power. The whole fucking world is for sale, blokes. Get your synths and other shit while you can!!!

ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 23.04.2008, 03:02 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

it's still 2,650 canadian in long and mcquade for either ti keyboard or polar...now that's cheap