Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 23.04.2008, 03:06 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

oh, and for brand new apogee ensemble i payed 1450, sweetwater has it for 1995, and that's again in canadian dollars.
Old 23.04.2008, 03:09 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

In dollar value per sounds, the TI must be one of the 'best value' synths. I have spent so much on other keyboards and not gotten the sounds I want.

Cheers,
B
Old 23.04.2008, 07:17 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
Has anyone checked if the used instrument market has responded to this adjustment in Access's pricing policy? Maybe there is still time for a good deal on eBAY or some other non-retail exchange? Economics can be a bitch.

And while yes, the U.S. Government does have its fair share of politicians and bonafide elected officials who have their heads up their asses, so does every country in Europe, and every other part of the world for the matter. Your political scum is no better than ours so don't pretend your shit doesn't stink.
Very true - but our political scum isnt manging to screw up the global economy quite so successfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
Even if you vote the current idiots out of any regime you have done nothing to stop the special interest groups that hold significant and real power. The whole fucking world is for sale, blokes. Get your synths and other shit while you can!!!

In my perfect little world - voting doesnt come into it You put the f***ers up against the wall and shoot them
Old 23.04.2008, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Khazul wrote:
Very true - but our political scum isnt manging to screw up the global economy quite so successfully

Ha! No doubt about that, our president gets the dickhead of the year award for sure for that one.

Khazul wrote:
In my perfect little world - voting doesnt come into it You put the f***ers up against the wall and shoot them

Looks like you and I have similar wishes for a perfect little world, talk is cheap, due process for the obviously guilty is a waste of time, money, and common sense.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 23.04.2008, 10:39 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I don't see why a figure head, or a government in general screws up the economy - even if they wanted to. Unless you want to blame them for not enforcing stricter policies in lending. And that's like blaming McDonalds for making you fat.

The current US recession is caused by greed from thousands of individuals. People who couldn't afford something but borrowed for it anyway, Loan brokers who made money out of the borrowers even though they knew the borrower couldn't afford it, corporations who bought these loans. Its all risky, but no one forced them to do it. There ought to be a depression, its the same kind of steps which happened in the '20s - margin loans being called in. This time around the government gave out cash to get the economy started again, they should have really stood back and said "sorry its gonna hurt for a while..."

No change of government in the US would have caused a different outcome. Its what, 10% of the population who vote? But its 99% of the population who are greedy.

Cheers,
B
Old 24.04.2008, 02:24 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

just for comparison:

the retail price in Germany for a new TI Desktop kept stable at 1.699€
... and 2nd hand ones that are traded on eBay for around 1.250€
(the current exchange rate is 1 € : 1.58515$ )

Last edited by psy604 : 24.04.2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 24.04.2008, 03:35 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
About time - Im sick to death of companies ripping off europeans (and others to be fair) due to some twisted way of accounting for the lousey state of the dollar.

Hats off to access for having the balls to do it - it must have been a really hard decision and Im sure it will probably hit them, but its really good that they (unlike nord and others) remember they are european and didnt take the apprently easy route of rippig of europeans to make up the shortfall.

I just wish all other synth companies would start playing fair and doing this too, until then, Roland, Dave Smith, Nord Korg heres a STFU from everyone in europe - were tired of subsidising your losses you take in the US to maintain current US prices.

As for winging americans - your problem - you sort it out - your leaders did this to you - not access - vote them out, have a bloody coup - i dont care etc but whatever you do - stop expecting us to pay for it.
The irony you fail to grasp is the European banking cartels did this to the world. The REAL powers on this planet are not Presidents, Prime Ministers and Politicians. It's the central banks. They are ALL modeled on the European banking system which has been taking advantage of EVERYONE for centuries. They OWN our Federal Reserve System which prints the USD and sets our interest rates here.

Does the name Rothschild ring a bell? One of the handful of European dynasties that play chess with our nations every day.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...tZifB A&hl=en

This is why our founding father's laid down the rules of issuing of currency in the constitution. We've let the criminals change the rules. We've ignored the warnings of heroes like Andrew Jackson who battled this scum in the past. We've been too "busy" with fucking college football games and the Anna Nicole Smith "whodunnit" murder mystery to give a damn, so we will suffer.

Last edited by plaid_emu : 24.04.2008 at 03:41 AM.
Old 24.04.2008, 03:51 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

in the last part of that movie it's explained very well, too.

and war may have delayed the downward spiral, but cannot stop it ...

Last edited by psy604 : 24.04.2008 at 03:54 AM.
Old 25.04.2008, 04:47 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenkzy56 View Post
i just peeped sweetwater.com and the virus ti just shot up in price!
wtf!
it was $2,850 like yesterday and today its $3,280
430 increase for what? certainly not os 2.7 which according to many is hardly
ready for prime time.
i was in line to buy a polar but i'm going to have to seriously rethink that idea.
i am not a huge fan of softsynths but in light of this "price hike"
komplete 5 is not looking so bad right about now.

maybe i'm over-reacting but tell me virus owners, would you pay this
amount if you were buying your virus new today?
i would be most interested in hearing others views on this

peace
Thats a bit too expensive, I got my TI Keyboard for $1,900. I became friends with the manager at a guitar center here and for me that really low price. Yikes! thats too much. Sweet water tends to over price things. I saw the waldorf Rack Pheonix for $699 I believe and a couple of days later it boosted up at $999. Too crazy
Old 29.04.2008, 02:17 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Send a message via MSN to 4NDRW

looks like good timing for me...
Im about to buy either a snow or a desktop from the US
the AU$ vs US$ is really in my favour right now
Novamusik are raising their prices next week..
http://www.novamusik.com/search.aspx...word=20&mid=20

the relative exchange rates between the euro and the US were the reasons given by the novamusik guy for the impending price increase too