Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.10.2003, 08:55 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default 1024??

I am thinking I got most of the manual, but the 1024 update (once ran) makes the extra space there....now can we store some of the sound patches on access's site in these, WITHOUT wiping out, the original a,b, and c banks?
also all we need to do is load the midi file, put it on the same channel as our virus and play it right?.......so once it completely makes the extra bank space, how do we run the new patches to only go here?.......is there a store to "e" for example option?
I need some help I guess understanding how to load stuff. (the manual might as well be in spanish for me, because I am not getting it) but I think I just load a midi out in fruity for example, set the same channels and play the midi file (same for loading patches right?)
THANK YOU!!!!
Old 27.10.2003, 09:04 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

You'll have to first load the patches into A or B and then store the bank to ROM banks. The banks beginning from C are ROM banks and need to be burned so choose wisely what banks you want there because EEPROM's don't have unlimited erease/write times (usually about one million erease/writes but you never know what might happen).

Edit: Just store current A and B banks to a MIDI file and reload them after you've burned the ROM banks you want.
Old 27.10.2003, 09:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

ok, thanks again for replying..
I turn the virus on and my host load the 1024 file....what do I do from here is the problem
basically, your saying take a and b and make them one midi file, okay how? load this 1024 file (I believe I got how to do this in fruity: load midi file, and then send it via port 0....virus should see it)....then put back in a and b, plus the others I downloaded to make the 1024?

sorry for being so dumb, I am use to making tunes with softsynths, and programming patches, not updating synths via midi.

I need a step by step, for my dumb american butt
Old 27.10.2003, 10:00 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty
basically, your saying take a and b and make them one midi file, okay how?
Make a MIDI dump. Check your manual for details.

Quote:
load this 1024 file (I believe I got how to do this in fruity: load midi file, and then send it via port 0....virus should see it)....then put back in a and b, plus the others I downloaded to make the 1024?
Well, yes. If you mean:

1. 1024 patch update
2. Burn ROM banks
3. Load previously stored A & B banks.