Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 15.02.2007, 02:05 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default New Skinny Puppy LP "Mythmaker"

If you want to hear some analog madness check out the new Skinny Puppy LP... cEvin Key is a master sound designer, he has a huge analog synth collection which includes a lot of classics... Arp 2600, vcf 3, etc.etc... I think he's got a few pics of his gear here http://www.subconsciousstudios.com/.

You can hear one of their new tracks "pasturn" at http://www.myspace.com/skinnypuppy

Drop a line with your thoughts,
Dan
-Cubase 5.0.1
Access Virus TI OS 3.0.3
Moog Voyager
Old 15.02.2007, 06:54 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Talking Skinny Puppy's the shit!!!

Really??? They used analog gear? I'm loving the new album. Can't wait for the tour.

That's kewl. Closest thing I've got to analog is the Poly-Evolver.
Still love the VA's, just for the fact of the shapeable envelopes.

If it weren't for Skinny Puppy & KMFDM, I'd probably be hanging from a fucking doorknob. Thanks for the link.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 15.02.2007, 05:40 PM

Default Poly Evolver

I know that they use sampled strings and pianos and stuff, but all the real programming is done on analog gear.

I was thinking of getting a Poly Evolver, what do you think of yours?

Thanks,
Dan
-Cubase 5.0.1
Access Virus TI OS 3.0.3
Moog Voyager
Old 15.02.2007, 07:31 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

I haven't actually spent one minute programming on it, since OS 2 and recently getting a Nord Lead, which I like programming a whole lot more. I have the Poly-Evolver rack, so I have to edit entirely from the Vysor editor, which is a million times better than the Sound-Diver version. but still the editor is a little weird.
The outputs are all unbalanced so barely a smiggen of volume and it's clipping my sound-card, I really need a mixer.

Um, it basically sounds like a prophet, although you can distort the fuck out of it. The envelopes are sluggish, maybe it's the editor that's causing that.

i can't really give a honest opinion, because I spent maybe an hour tweaking it.

It definitely has an analog sound, but then you can change a few signal paths around and (w/ a decent sound system) blow your speakers and wake everyone up in a mile radius.
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed." Einstein
Old 15.02.2007, 08:35 PM

I see, I am going to play one this Saturday when I pick up my Virus TI... so I guess I will find out for myself as well.

Thanks,

Dan
-Cubase 5.0.1
Access Virus TI OS 3.0.3
Moog Voyager