Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 15.01.2005, 10:40 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I'm in a similar situation. I have a Virus|TI on pre-order, and want to get something to go with it. I'm torn between an Alesis Ion and a Elektron Machinedrum.
________
Granny Lesbian

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:51 AM.
Old 16.01.2005, 12:01 AM

Well, I have a V-Synth and a Modular G2 and they both are Awsome in their own way. I use them both with my Virus C now and it rocks! I can't wait for my Ti to arrive. Anyways You really could not go wrong with either of these two but I think you will find using them as a controller not ideal. Both of these synths are very hands on I found that trying to use one or the other as a controller was difficult because I wanted to use each on their own to full potential. I use several dedicated controller keyboard's for my controlling tasks which works with my setup. However It may work for you and your setup to use them as a controller. I will say which ever you choose you will have a crapload of fun and the sound pallets you will be able to create by running either of these together with the Ti will be Amazing!
Old 16.01.2005, 01:08 AM
This forum member lives here

I for one would love a V-synth. It's just so different to anything else at the moment. It can be multi-timbral (more than one channel of midi), but the voices get used up very quickly - pitty. It does have an internal resampling option to free up voices though.

I think it depends on the missing spaces in your studio. I've got enough VA, would love another bass analogue - but can handle what I have, so V-synth is what I'd chose if I had the cash.

Waketek, have you created lots of new patches on the V? I'd love to hear them is you make a demo MP3 or something - specially if you have sampled new wave forms into it. Fuck I have gear lust for that thing!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 16.01.2005, 04:12 AM

All my gear is in boxes at the moment because I am building a House and new Studio. I have been going thru major withdrawls awaiting the finished house and studio so I will unpack a few synths to play around with. I will try and post up an MP3 demo of some crazy v-synth creations! The Time Trip Pad is exactly that a Trip! I have sampled some new wave forms into it but to have not had a ton of time with it! Shortly after getting it I had to pack up and move and unfortunately have no room to set up the studio until I get done building my House which will have a very big (750+ sqft) Studio which I can not wait to occupy hopefully by Sometime in April. Stay tuned for some demos....I still have not had time to get my website back up and running so I will post ASAP after that is accomplished.
Old 16.01.2005, 04:59 AM

I am liking the vsynth the more i read about it. I am going to need to get my hands on one first though.
Also, wont really be using it as a controller controller, just mainly for the keys. I plan on using the TI as the controller for my soft synths!
Yeah, the vysnth does look amazing. We will see what Roland rolls out for it at NAMM. It is defenitely getting a new V card and an OS update.
Tell me more about those filters on it! I bet it would sound great running the virus waveforms through the COSM filters and messing it up with the Trip pad.
Old 17.01.2005, 12:37 AM

Hehehe, that Avtar is a classic! It's bloody big though - would you mind resizing it for us? Makes the threads have more scrolling time.

The cosm section of the V is amazing to say the least. I have a VF1 outboard effects box (years old) and the cosm stuff is really great! I use it on everything. On the V it's a whole different thing with cosm filters. Running the TI though it isn't the way to go though - sampling the raw waveforms and bending and stretching them to buggery is what I'd do.

Fuck I'm starting to sound like an ad for the thing again. Damn gear lust!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 17.01.2005, 01:11 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Ehhhh-

You got that avatar from the OSX audio forums, dincha?
Old 17.01.2005, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5inusoid
Ehhhh-

You got that avatar from the OSX audio forums, dincha?
oh yeah, saw it and could not pass it up.
Old 17.01.2005, 12:19 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Well you definitely beat me for freakiest avatar.
Old 18.01.2005, 04:34 AM

Thanks for the help fellas, but I just decided to throw the extra $$ into upgrading the TI desktop to the TI keyboard. THat is fine with me. I have the soft-synths in logic to cover my other needs.

Thanks for the suggestions.

PS: 5inusoid - your avatar is still freaky as hell.