Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Introduce yourself

Introduce yourself If you are new to the forum it would be nice for the others to know who you are and what you do. So please post here.

Old 04.07.2013, 08:20 PM
New here
New here

Default hello

I m newbie
i need help

I want to split my keyboard VIRUS KC
IS it possible? How?
i dont find in the manual virus C?

thanx
Old 04.07.2013, 08:36 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Hi RV.

I don't understand your question. What do you mean by 'split'?
Old 04.07.2013, 08:59 PM
New here
New here

sorry for my english but i m french

i want to use differents sounds separately on the keyboard
for exemple : bass sound on the first octave, lead sound on the second octave... etc
Old 04.07.2013, 09:08 PM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvawesome View Post
sorry for my english but i m french

i want to use differents sounds separately on the keyboard
for exemple : bass sound on the first octave, lead sound on the second octave... etc
i'm pretty sure it's not, you're gonna need a sampler for that kind of thing. I use NI's Kontakt, it's pretty good.
Old 04.07.2013, 09:15 PM
New here
New here

For exemple i can do it with my Korg X3
it s possible to assign one program (ex piano) on a part of my keyboard and an another prog (ex: rhodes) on a another part
Old 04.07.2013, 09:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

It's not possible on the Virus itself, but you can set it up pretty easily with your host app running a multi and setting each channel to a specific key range. Save that and it's done!

It's quite easy to do in Logic, for example.

if you don't want to make any further adjustments to the sounds, or modulation, then sampling - like Berni said - is the way to go for sure!
Old 05.07.2013, 07:20 AM
Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post
It's not possible on the Virus itself, but you can set it up pretty easily with your host app running a multi and setting each channel to a specific key range. Save that and it's done!

if you don't want to make any further adjustments to the sounds, or modulation, then sampling - like Berni said - is the way to go for sure!
Sorry to hijack the thread but did you get my email I sent a few days ago Jose?
Old 05.07.2013, 01:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I did! I'm on it! I think I've answered you already, check your mail box...
Old 10.07.2013, 06:06 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweakHead View Post

Hey synth-heads! Have been working on compositions and learning a lot in Reaper as I go and reason been away for a bit and to remain OT, this ability (or, obviously not) to have a split as OP asked was racking my brain as well. I too was thinking outside of a multi set-up, and thanks for the useful posting about doing it within the DAW.
As advanced as the Virus KC is and it's variously cool midi modes I am frankly surprised this is not possible when just about any and every synth in my arsenal can do that, even a recent trash find from 1985, a Korg DW8000 analog/digital hybrid with an analog filter to DIE for and also has built-in digital delay....yep, it was in dumpster WITH power cord....so I HAD to plug her in with trepidation and work perfectly....anyway, 1985 and able to split sounds on defined parts of split board...8 poly but do not need much for bass.
Is this physical inability to make a split throughout whole Virus line? Funny, I was coming back to visit here to search for this after re-reading user manual several times almost going MAD thinking I *must have* missed it somewhere!!
Well, I need to tackle learning to do multi set-ups in DAW/Reaper with Virus anyway because it seems that it would be much easier through DAW rather than all on physical keyboard. Any tips you have learned along way with this would be much appreciated.
Am finding it hard to allow time or sleep, this is SO fracking fun!
Old 11.07.2013, 02:23 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Yep, search for setting up external multi-instruments on your DAW. Then there must be an option for say: if you want to be able to change patches from the software, change volume and KEY RANGE! Takes a bit of tedious work, but once it's done one can save as a template project and call it back whenever it's needed.

Glad to know your doing compositions now! Keep it up!