Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 30.03.2006, 01:15 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via AIM to hyper808
Default Is there a DAW that is the most stable with the TI????

I have tried the TI with both LOGIC 7.1 and ABLETON LIVE 5.02....and I keep getting issues such as notes drifting out of tune, messing up when there are a few parts playing etc...very unstable...usually crashes the TI and I have to start her up again......obviously, quite frustrating. I was wondering if maybe CUBASE SX (though I may go SE to first see if the VIRUS TI works well) may be better? I am running a Dual 2.5 GHZ MAC G5 with plenty of RAM. If it would only the work the way I can see it working, it would be amazing. I just hate my work flow being interrupted causing me to resort to my more CPU hungry soft synths. I hope 1.1 will fix all this.hopefully that is why they are taking so long to release it.....
Old 30.03.2006, 02:37 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to aisling

Well, my TI was quite buggy and I returned it, but Digital Performer
http://www.motu.com has always been my sequencer of choice!
I know Motu and Access seem to be trying to work together.......

Living Green, this is how we do it.....
http://www.creativeartflow.com/Joyre...rt/gallery.htm
Old 30.03.2006, 03:26 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I've tried SX3, Ableton, and FL6 and they all work just as bad.
Old 30.03.2006, 04:45 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Despite the amazing sound, the virus TI is really an investment that I regret...I should have kept my KC.

I tried SX3, FL6 and Live as well and the same issues are surfacing.
I tried on different computers, with different components...But it's obvious: This product is nowhere near complete.

Really sucks.
I wish I could get a refund and move on
Old 30.03.2006, 07:45 AM
This forum member lives here

You know what....

Access may actually sort this out and most users have a stable setup. But in the long run its a battle that cannot be won. New products coming out all the, new operating systems on the horizon....its just ludicross. People who want softsynths should download them from kvr....ooops I mean buy them from Arturia and the like. Hardware synths should remain hardware.....hindsight is a wonderful thing....but Access are clearly struggling with this TI concept. All credit to them for trying to bring it to the market....but if I were them....ditch it....refund those who bought the Ti for the integration aspect...and diversify a bit. Apparently the Virus filters are classic and most people love them....then why the hell hasnt Access made a filter rack for under $500 yet? Come on.....get your priorities right....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 30.03.2006, 08:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Ive had the TI working here pretty flawlessly since 1.07. It definately had some problems in the first few OS revisions, but 1.09 is working a treat.

Cant wait to see what 1.1 brings.

ten
Old 30.03.2006, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
You know what....

Hardware synths should remain hardware.....
DS
the best statement here since 1 year.
Old 30.03.2006, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Ive had the TI working here pretty flawlessly since 1.07. It definately had some problems in the first few OS revisions, but 1.09 is working a treat.

Cant wait to see what 1.1 brings.

ten
Thats great, but are you likely to have it running just aswell in 5, 10, 15 years time? Back in the 80's and 90's when computers were starting to become legitimate music creation tools, I wonder if the designers (or public) for that matter, realised at the time that technology would progress at such a rate. My only concern with softsynths and the TI aspect is that one day it wont be supported and then you will have to resign yourself to using old (compatible) technology to use it. Some of the best features of the TI are only accessible via a computer....I really want to see that change. It all seems bright and wonderful now....but in 10 years time.....

Im a futurist....sorry about that....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 30.03.2006, 11:10 AM
Veteran
Veteran

God man, it will be up for sale long before 5 years are up, let alone 10! Get with the program man Trade it in for a newer model every so often (same rule applies for women!)

ten
Old 30.03.2006, 01:21 PM

LOL

I love Capitalism.....

One day we'll run out of things to build and sell and then the world will blow up

DS