Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 26.10.2003, 09:05 AM
New here
New here

Default <unsolved>IS IT TIME TO SEND IT BACK??????

When i turn my virus on i keep getting the message "Bad Memory/Illegal Ram" is it time to return my virus to Digital Village and get it sorted out???

SM2003
Old 26.10.2003, 09:09 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Re: <unsolved>IS IT TIME TO SEND IT BACK??????

Seems like it.

Edit: If you still can operate Virus, try to load the OS again.
Old 26.10.2003, 09:37 AM
New here
New here

i can still use the virus and all its functions, but i have already went from 5.5 to 6 then back again, no difference!!!!

I have only had the bloody thing for 8 months, i am a bit disillusioned by Access now, especially after reading the other stuff on here....seems to me the virus is mass produced garbage, looks like i may get it fixed and sell it, but what to buy instead i wonder????i do love the sounds that are capable in the virus....maybe a supernova 2, if i can get enough cash for the virus.

SM
Old 26.10.2003, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmagus2003
I have only had the bloody thing for 8 months, i am a bit disillusioned by Access now, especially after reading the other stuff on here....seems to me the virus is mass produced garbage, looks like i may get it fixed and sell it, but what to buy instead i wonder????i do love the sounds that are capable in the virus....maybe a supernova 2, if i can get enough cash for the virus
There's indeed quite many troubles with Viruses, but when you get your Virus fixed you won't have any trouble anymore. There's no sense selling your Virus when you finally get it 100% working!

I think there's just a faulty RAM chip which needs a replacement. Not a serious fault. Just get it repaired and you'll have a fully working Virus.
Old 04.11.2003, 09:43 AM

Alot of the real analogs that were made in the 80's had serious problems......just as modern synths do today.

Ive had 5 Virus KC's and now that I have one which is 100% im very happy. Its so fucking irratating to have a synth with problems. My Jupiter 8 fucked up on me and that was depressing......but thats life. If u have a synth with no problems be it hardware or software........u're in the minority.

Of all the new synths Ive used/owned (Nord 2, Nord 3, Novation Supernova II, KS5, JP8000, Waldorf Q) I personally think the Virus IS the best built synth on the market. Because the Virus is mass produced (lets face it, what isnt nowadays) and esembled by migrants from eastern Europe...its not supprising that there will be some units with flaws/problems. Id probably say 10% of Virus' that roll off the production line are fucked in someway.....and its probably the same for most other manufacturers. The first 4 Virus KC's I had were fooked.....and that cant be coincidence?!

All that matters to me now, is that I have a mint, 100% working Virus and im using it to make some nice ambient sounds.

DS
Old 29.11.2020, 05:34 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmagus2003 View Post
When i turn my virus on i keep getting the message "Bad Memory/Illegal Ram" is it time to return my virus to Digital Village and get it sorted out???

SM2003
Hi! Did you ever get this sorted out? I passed on buying one of these today as it had this same error message. We tried replacing the RAM battery at the shop and it didn't fix the issue.

Thank you!