Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.07.2010, 06:15 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Snow: No sound when used as plugin

Hi, I just got my new Snow and have been having some problems with it. The main issue I am experiencing is that I am not getting any audio from the Snow into my DAW (Logic) when in plugin mode. It's connected ok via USB, the control software is functioning (ie: patch selection matches the hardware ect) but there is no audio going to it's channel in Logic. I have the channel set up correctly (in record mode/selected the same way a soft synth works) and as mentioned the control software seems fine but . . . no sound!

I know the snow is a hybrid between an external instrument and a soft synth but I thought it would function like any soft synth so that when used in the DAW the Snow's audio should (vie the USB) route directly to the channel you are using in the DAW?

The Snow works as a soundcard in Logic OK, it appears in the soundcard list and plays the audio from Logic but even in soundcard mode, no virus synth sound.

The only way i have heard synth sound from this Snow is when it's an external instrument, via the jack outs - nothing yet from the USB into the DAW, even though it works as a soundcard which shows there is no hardware fault with the internal audio processing.

Am I missing something obvious? should I be 'enabling' this somewhere??

Thanks!
Old 14.07.2010, 09:20 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Narrowing this down even further, inside the Snow, the synth is not being routed to the USB section, hence no sound into the DAW. The only output I am getting is from the jack outs. Also the midi is not working in standalone mode, not playing either to the jack out or the USB outs. The only way the synth plays is if midi is routed to it via an external instrument channel from the DAW and then it only plays from the jack outs.
Old 14.07.2010, 01:40 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Narrowing this down even further, inside the Snow, the synth is not being routed to the USB section, hence no sound into the DAW. The only output I am getting is from the jack outs. Also the midi is not working in standalone mode, not playing either to the jack out or the USB outs. The only way the synth plays is if midi is routed to it via an external instrument channel from the DAW and then it only plays from the jack outs.
Old 14.07.2010, 08:57 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Fixed by the excellent Access support! My keyboard was transmitting on a strange port that was not being picked up by the Snow's OMNI setting and I uninstalled, repaired disk permissions and reinstalled the software and now it's working!