Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.04.2005, 08:53 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Is Jay's post on virusti.com really from Jay Vaughan?

There is no mention of Access @ this year's Frankfurt Musik Messe...

Time will tell
Old 07.04.2005, 04:11 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Reading this thread, I can't believe it hasn't been released yet 8O I thought for sure by now. No doubt people have canceled orders. I wonder if the people who sold their 'C' to get a Ti miss the C?

I went through a similar thing with the Lynx Aurora AD/DA converter, announceed way back in October of 2004. Got on the pre-order list December. Release dates pushed back. Here it is April with a new forecasted release end of month. I couldn't hold on to my order But I did find a better alternative
Old 07.04.2005, 06:00 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I guess the theory that the TI would be released by Musikmesse was false. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the holdup is caused by that USB 1.0 port. I read that the TI will be able to act as a dual DSP engine for your software. If that's the case I wonder why they didn't make the thing Firewire? No doubt some genius can get it to work, but wouldn?t it have been much less painful to just make it Firewire and be done with the headaches?
Streaming audio, midi and real-time dual DSP all through a single USB 1.0 port just seems a bit much. If it?s so practical why is it that all the DPS boxes I see are either USB 2.0 or Firewire. You don?t see any with built in DSPs that are USB 1.0. I?m sure with the right minds working on the problem it could be done through a serial cable or even a parallel port, but why bother with all that when you could just make it Firewire and release it on time?
It must be the German way, look at the Porsche 911?. It was a silly idea to stick the engine in the boot, but they wouldn?t let it die. The just engineered the crap out of it until it worked.
So Access must be in the denial stage. I?ll bet right now there are a team of engineers trying to figure out how to make that USB 1.0 port work just as well as USB 2.0 and Firewire.
At this rate it should be ready just in time to go skiing in hell.
Old 07.04.2005, 06:36 PM
Pro
Pro

...and to make it work with every sequencer, soundcard driver and dsp card without clicks and pops. Why didn't they just release the synth as a usual synth without total integration and say that it will be included in the next os which is coming soon...? People would be already playing their Virus TI's the way they were playing their C's.
Old 07.04.2005, 07:04 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
...and to make it work with every sequencer, soundcard driver and dsp card without clicks and pops. Why didn't they just release the synth as a usual synth without total integration and say that it will be included in the next os which is coming soon...? People would be already playing their Virus TI's the way they were playing their C's.
Best suggestion I've heard yet. I've been thinking this for quite some time.
Old 07.04.2005, 07:32 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
Best suggestion I've heard yet. I've been thinking this for quite some time.
Otherwise they wouldn't've been able to launch it as being called the "TI"? The "TI" bit is their selling point. Otherwise they'd have called it the Virus D ("VD", oh how we chortled). Maybe the TI does have a disease?

Maybe they should've called it the Access MRSA.

hoho
Old 07.04.2005, 07:32 PM

i thought the usb 1.0 thing sounded fishy also
Old 07.04.2005, 07:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I don't believe Access would release an unfinished product.

I would really LOVE to have a firewire or usb2 TI, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Let's hope it works exactly as its supposed to coz I have to agree with you guy, I just don't get why they decided to go USB1.
Old 07.04.2005, 09:47 PM

I only have one slight concern over the Virus Ti (and it maybe unfounded...so plz excuse me if im wrong). But I keep hearing this issue of USB 1 speeds limiting the streaming capabilities of the TI. I would like to think Access have 'totally' taken this into account...and its not just some 'built-in' shortcomming that will become the selling point of some TI-Mkii version. Do ya catch ma drift.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 07.04.2005, 10:18 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

the all new access virus TI turrrrrrbo!

double the streaming horsepower of the access virus TI via USB 2.0 for some supercharged, souped up playback!

id buy that for a dolla!

an extra band on the built in EQ for radical new sound shaping possibilities!

wow! awesome!

new r-r-r-r-radical colour scheme in blazing red and black!

its like the virus classic. only come back from the dead. with an army! whoaaaa!

in addition the all new, all conquering virus TI engine OS has been upgraded from 6.51 toooooo...

adding amazing new features such as the ability to change the colour of the backlit screen. wow!

yours for the one time only price of 1499.99

DISCLAIMER:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
refund on access virus TI model and/or part exchange expressly forbidden. access incorporated reserve the rights to modify the virus TI design without prior notification of you, the consumer and release subsequent 'iterations' of the virus TI to be named any varient on 'turbo,' 'xtreme' (with an x. it MUST be with an x because its more xtreme this way) or any other pansy ass word which emphasises speed and power in order to trick you, the consumer into shelling out for another synth which is essentially the same as the previous virus TI 'iteration' only with its deliberate design limitations 'fixed' in order to make even more fat wads of dough from subsequent 'iterations' of the virus TI range. we have cleverly designed this disclaimer such that at the average US national reading speed and at the tiniest font size, it takes you, the consumer so long for you to read this far that we regret to inform you - your cheques have already cleared. we are now bathing in your money. you are now enslaved by our end user license agreement. HAR HAR HAR! see ya laterz sucka.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------