Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 17.01.2009, 10:40 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4nc0 View Post
I hope that it's 64bit compatible.
64bit would be a WIN.
Old 17.01.2009, 11:39 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
So, the only hardware difference between the TI and TI2 is 1.25x the DSP (25% additional poly)?

No additional controllers (ribbon-controller/XY-pad/joystick), no high-speed USB2/firewire, no step/mod-seq, no customisable waveforms, no new oscillators, no additional filters...

If the DSP alone had followed Moore's Law, it'd be 4x the DSP [400% poly] of the original TI mk1).

Bit disappointing after five years. =/
I think the real update is the OS. I think the hardware is more of like when they put out a new smaller model of the playstation 2 when the components are made smaller, etc. - maybe kind of a mkII. One of the main features of this ti2 is that it is a lot lighter. My TI P0lar is pretty heavy so that's kind of cool, I guess. I'm very happy that my TI P0lar is not obsolete and will still be supported and updated. I'm also very happy about the OS - it Rules!
Old 19.01.2009, 08:16 AM
New here
New here

I just bought my TI like about a month ago!!
So happy its not ganna be obsolete instantly
Old 19.01.2009, 06:37 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

think we all need to say a big thank you to access.

they could of turned there back on previous buyers. I have never known a company to do this. bug fixes, yes but this is a hole new toy.

looks like for all of us who choose a ti, over other synths, have made the right choice. all those hard saved pounds were well spent.

thank you.

they release a new model but yet us with the old 1 get it for free. kind of... they could of charged for this upgrade like a software product would.

sorry but am jst realy happy i bought a virus ti. had mine for some time and it jst keeps getting better. as i learn the more it can do.
Old 19.01.2009, 08:09 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Just stopping by to say a HUGE thanks to the Access team for what looks like a great update. I only installed yesterday so haven't yet tried all the new stuff but had to drop by and congratulate the great folks at Access.
Old 21.01.2009, 04:09 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I can't thank Access enough.

I remember years ago trying to make a decision on which piece of kit to buy as my new main studio synth. I am so glad I brought a Virus TI. No other piece of hardware I know of has received so many excellent FREE updates.

When I heard of the Virus TI mkII range, I thought it meant the end of support for my TI keyboard (and realistically, after continual firmware updates with superb added features for years now, this would not have surprised me). The fact that Access are releasing this update to existing owners shows that they truly are dedicated to their users.

It's funny that I initially hesitated about buying my Virus. If I knew back then of all the features that would be added over time, my decision would have been easy - the Virus was without the slightest of doubt the smartest purchase I think I've ever made.

Thanks so much Access... the features you keep adding are brilliant, and thus my Virus remains my most loved piece of studio kit!

I'm looking forward to installing this new OS soon...
Old 21.01.2009, 09:25 PM
Very mucho Newbie

is there a way to get all the new (i assume most of them are new) 't12 factory backup' presets in to the search categories?

ive put all the ti2 banks in my patches folder and it sees and uses them all ok but i dont think theyre being included in the search categories.
Old 21.01.2009, 09:43 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cYrus View Post
firs bug found here: the EQs doesn't work through VC here. when i use the virus itself to adjust the eq they work as expected.
which EQ band specifically?

marc
Old 21.01.2009, 09:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamEvil View Post
It's not a Ti V2 though , it's just a hardware revision/update...

they've sorted bascially everything they said they would with the Ti so far and added more shit than I know what to do with.

the 25% extra may not actually be extra DSP . it may be down to just better coding of the OS

Marc -- what's the score on the extra DSP power ?
guys,

we did a partial redesign of the motherboard to allow for more DSP power. as for "It's not a Ti V2 though" i don't think there would be a more moderate way to indicate the revision, especially as the "2" is not even a part of the name on the synth itselves.

best, marc
Old 21.01.2009, 09:49 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totty View Post
I saw that on the site, it may be a typo, or maybe not!!
it is in the pdf brochure and a copy/paste error. the snow still has the same about of voices. it wasn't newly introduced and upgraded anyway.

best, marc