Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.09.2005, 10:13 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default What do you reckon?

On the synth side of things I have a Supernova Rack and Nord 2 Rack, though need some spare sheckles to get me the Ti.

Do you reckon the Ti will render these units generally redundant within my setup? Would you sell them off? Or do you think its worth keeping them?

I also have a Fantom XR + Triton Extreme.

Thanks for any views/feedback.
Old 19.09.2005, 10:27 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

TBH - I think only you can figure that out as it depends what kind of sound you use each for (assuming anything in particular at all). If the kind of sounds that are also in the Virus sweet spot - then no need to keep them.

I have a KS-Rack - I cant see any reason to get rid of it when my TI shows up - there just some nice smooth sounds its really good for, and I bet Ill continue to make use of the VA in my V-Synth as well - there just some VA sounds that in combination with the COSM fx its perfect for.

I would guess you more likely to decide to part with the Nord than the supernova once you have a TI, but theres alot of peoeple who have both a virus of some flavour and a nord lead of some flavour.
Old 19.09.2005, 10:58 PM
Pro
Pro

TI doesn't replace any synth by it's sound. Strange that so many people have sold their other great sounding synths to buy TI which "can do all the sounds (by some people)". It still sounds like any other Virus. I wouldn't replace all the other synths with TI. In fact I just finished my new track and noticed that I didn't use a single channel of virus but many other synths istead. Don't sell the the Supernova2. My SN2 rack just did a great job in my latest track. And it also has dedicated effects for every part. If the SN2 is your only synth, then the TI can do more but you never know if you will get another SN2 if you sell it now.
Old 19.09.2005, 11:19 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Thanks.

I'd like to keep them both though I do at this point require some extra cash for the Ti.

F5D, its the original Supernova I have.

Not sure how much the Nord 2 or Supernova would fetch if I sold any of them off, perhaps it may not be worth it from a financial perspective???
Old 20.09.2005, 06:42 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Haha you will buy them back eventually for a lot more than you can sell em now for!
Old 20.09.2005, 10:14 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvisibl
Thanks.

I'd like to keep them both though I do at this point require some extra cash for the Ti.

F5D, its the original Supernova I have.

Not sure how much the Nord 2 or Supernova would fetch if I sold any of them off, perhaps it may not be worth it from a financial perspective???
yeah i don't think you'll get much for the nord 2 right now, i'd keep it if i were you, unless you're extremely poor at the moment...
Old 20.09.2005, 10:21 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

nice to see some more israeli people taking over the forum