Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 26.04.2007, 11:13 PM
New here
New here

Default Anyone using their TI on IntelMac? Cracking Snapping?

It happens within Logic for me and happens very easily when playing Soft synths that are barely nearing red.

So just to make sure it wasn't logic clipping out, I tried my other 2 audio interfaces, a Motu 828 and a Audio Kontrol 1. Neither of which " Snap , Crack or Pop " and could push the levels way into the red without any the snapping sound ect ect... ( Not to be confused with clipping) Normally before levels would just sound ever saturated. Now Im getting digital snapping and clicking..

****IMPORTANT THING TO NOTE******

Now this prob didn't start till I upgraded my Machine to the New Macpro.. The Virus TI had been working fine withing Logic when I was operating it on my G5... Seems to be a Upgraded related issue..

System Specs

Macpro 2.66 5GB Ram
10.4.8 OSX
7.2.3 Logic
VirusTI 2.03

*********UPDATE *******

I just tried replicating this issue within LIVE and do not have this issue.. So it seems related to Logic and the TI...

And can load Vangaurd, Quadrasid and many of the other plugs and do not get the Snap Crackle PoP .... Or maybe we call ut the " Rice crispies "

I was able to push both levels all the way up including the master and no crackle pop is occuring..

When rendering the audio through both the TI and the Audio the playback of the audio file is not clipping as it is in playback of Logic...

***UPDATE 2*****

So i have narrowed down this crack to be a issue with Logic & Ti on the intel Macs...

I have performed the following tests to troubleshoot my issue.

Reinstalled TIOS 2.02 ( To see if it was an issue with the 2.03 version.)
Completely reinstalled Logic from version 7.2 and upgraded checking each version sequentially. Nothing fixed the Snap , Crackle Pop issue....

So I tryed this on my Macbook ( Also intel ) Same prob and same crack sound..

Opened Ableton Live on both Machines using the Virus as the sound card and I do not experience the issue @ all. Also I should note that levels can be pushed way into the red and there is absolutely no Snap crack pop.

This leads me to beleive that this is a TI & Logic is on the intel Macs.. Everything was fine on my G5 as I stated previously..

thanks..

J