Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 23.10.2006, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Quote:
Hey! Cool! Did you make the body all yourself or was it once a strat? Like what you've done with the tele style bridge.
I built the body all by myself.. The design is even "mine" ie I missed a few classes and was behind in schedule so I had to come up with something really fast so I took a piece of paper and started drawing the lines. Once completed I saw that it reassembled another guitar but I didn't have any time whatsoever to fix that.. I really wanted two cutouts (both lower and upper). I wanted to modify the body even more by removing more wood making it alot lighter and probably a much more thiner sound.. Think of an acustic guitar.. I almost wanted to get a 50/50 hybrid but still.. Time time time!

I even modified the neck myself and made some minor changes to it. The neck was given to me from my teacher but it had some major flaws as it once was used a "punk rock smasher group" so I couldn't tune the guitar at first but after my modifications it worked great!

thread the strings: This was also put there in a hurry. I had been in Norrland for almost 2 weeks and missed loads of school again and I just had 2 hours to get it fully working and I still hadn't completed the whole electronics in the guitar and I had to forget all about my AMP-project. All because of a girl! Otherwise I would have a much nicer guitar and a really cool AMP to go with it!

And yes, I am a lefty.. (in every way possible..).. I designed that white plastic that is supposed to cover the electronics (I have no idea what the english word for it! - Plektrumskydd in Swedish anyway).

So I built.. about 95% of the whole guitar.. I am pretty satisfied with the result but it doesn't work any more.. Damn attic, destroying me work

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 23.10.2006, 05:47 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3o3
Quote:
Hey! Cool! Did you make the body all yourself or was it once a strat? Like what you've done with the tele style bridge.

And yes, I am a lefty.. (in every way possible..).. I designed that white plastic that is supposed to cover the electronics (I have no idea what the english word for it! - Plektrumskydd in Swedish anyway).
Scratchplate, but the Swedish word for it is much better
Old 23.10.2006, 05:52 PM
Pro
Pro

Excellent job mate.

Plektrumskydd is "scratchplate" unfortunately in English. Skydd, Schild, shield. Ah, we're all vikings here. Though I really can't claim to be an axe-wielding mother of a guitarist.
Old 24.10.2006, 04:27 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

There's something about Scandinavia that seems to churn out awesome musicians (especially some of the heavy metal guys). Maybe it's because the beer is so expensive so you don't spend as much time mashed off your tits as we do over here

Pickguard's probably a closer word to Plektrumskydd now that I think about it. That's more for your Les Paul style ones though I reckon.
Old 24.10.2006, 05:07 PM
Pro
Pro

<you don't spend as much time mashed off your tits as we do over here >

Welcome to this forum's Off Topic section to check that one mate!

And whilst we're suitably off on a tangent, just paid ?6.90 (?4.62?p) for 12 bottles (4 litres) of 4.6% beer this evening. Finland's much cheaper these days. Sweden's still mad though. I think..

Back to guitars. Guitars!

(Susan Rayner, age 10)
Old 25.10.2006, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

The cheapest beer you can buy in Sweden cost 10:- SEK for 50 CL. But most people tend to buy cases of these;

24 beer = 240:- SEK. That is 12 litres of beer and has 5.3%. Pretty cheap but it just tastes awful.

And what is so funny with the Swedish for for scratchplate? Hehe. Plektrumskydd, hey it describes what it is supposed to do!

I'd love to get a new guitar/fix my guitar.. Get an AMP with some valves in it and my bloody hands to work.

Scandinavians tend to produce musicians because of.. erhm, I really don't got a clue.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 25.10.2006, 06:45 PM
Pro
Pro

I'm not a real guitarist but I've played a little. I just ordered ESP LTD H400 guitar. This time I won't sell my guitar and will practise more.
Old 26.10.2006, 04:43 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Well, a mate of mine borrowed my Jackson RR3 for some gigs because he broke the trem on his own guitar - last night the body got snapped I'm *gutted* man. That was pretty much my perfect guitar...
Old 26.10.2006, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Ouch. I hope he's buying you a fucking new one!
Old 26.10.2006, 07:24 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I've got more than I need anyway! Hopefully he'll just give me ?200 or so for it. Then I can go get Ableton Live 6