Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 18.02.2006, 11:11 AM
Pro
Pro

Default Waldorf rising from the ashes?

There are rumours circulating that Waldorf have started using the old schematics to recreate their synths - Q, XT e.t.c
Old 19.02.2006, 03:48 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

recreat? LOL
your talking about them as if they were vintage synths from the 70s.
schems dont exsist in the digital world,i belive some of the german guys there still has the dsp ensemble code hidden inside their laptop

its possible that a company has bought waldorf,pay their debts and rebuilding it,manufacturing the old products or maybe working on a new machine.
remember that waldorf were on the top of their game 2 years ago and rather equal access and over stronger then clavia and alesis on the VA market,but that was 2 years ago and their former flagshop Q is alot weaker then the TI,Ion,Korg radiate and so..
Old 19.02.2006, 08:27 PM
Pro
Pro

At least the MicroQ rack has been available for a while again. I would love to see a Microwave XTk too. What they should also do is a Pulse keyboard with knobs for about every function a la mono evolver keyb. Pulse sounds great but it's too hard to tweak with only 6 knobs.
Old 19.02.2006, 08:35 PM

I bet Waldorf are kicking themselves they werent around to make a keyboard version of the Pulse...

If they do come back....brilliant - they did make worthwhile products

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 15.03.2006, 09:32 PM
Pro
Pro

Check this out: http://www.thomann.de/iw_smb_suche.h...aldorf&x=0&y=0

I want the Q keyb so badly or the Microwave XTk!
Old 15.03.2006, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Mmm, so have they started trading again, or something?!
Old 15.03.2006, 10:04 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Did anyone noticed the q+? Up to 100 notes poly,ppg wave analog filters,16 multitimbral, wavetables, step sequencer and only 2200e the 61 version!!! Really heavy specs and it's cheaper than the TI !! Is it true or I'm dreaming?
Old 15.03.2006, 10:44 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy
Did anyone noticed the q+? Up to 100 notes poly,ppg wave analog filters,16 multitimbral, wavetables, step sequencer and only 2200e the 61 version!!! Really heavy specs and it's cheaper than the TI !! Is it true or I'm dreaming?
Yep, I'm just trying to figure out how I'm gonna get the money for that beast!

In fact the Q+ has 16 analog LP filters and has 16 voices of polyphony if you play a sound which uses the analog filters. Then there are the digital filters and also PPG wave filter emulations (digital however). If you use the digital filters, the synth has about 100 voices and in multimode the analog and digital filters can be mixed that some parts use the analog filters and others use digital. I will definitely try to get money for the Q+ now.

I will buy at least the basic Q keyboard but if I get enough money, I'll go for the Q+. I guess we'll hear more at Musikmesse Frankfurt. Great to see that Waldorf is up again, at least almost. I always liked that company and I have a Pulse and MicroQ in my rack. However the microQ can go when I buy the Q. 16 voices is enough for me.
Old 16.03.2006, 09:49 AM

Looks like they are introducing a more 'sensible' pricing policy this time....

If this marks the begginning of there return....brilliant. Id like to pick up a new XTK to go with my DX7

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 18.03.2006, 02:14 PM
Pro
Pro

But I don't understand!!! If this place is selling Waldorfs again where is the support coming from?

That Q+ looks fuckin sweet :P