Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 13.01.2005, 01:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
yep im beginning to see why access rushed their release...

this new korg product truly is an 'innovation'.... if ti does what these initial specs say it is capable of...

starting to wonder if i shouldve waited to place a deposit on the TI
I really don't think this has anything to do with why Access announced when they did - it doesn't seem to be aimed at the same market for one thing. I also fail to see how they'd have got hold of the info that far in advance? I doubt Korg would have sent them a memo

BTW - my spam comment was made before the topic was moved from the forum which is supposed to be exclusively about Access products
Old 13.01.2005, 01:35 PM
This forum member lives here

check out the specs that timo posted in the thread linked below and you may change your mind.

click here to view the specs...
Old 13.01.2005, 01:36 PM

If you look at the Novation X-station $500, It already does a lot of the TI thingy, it's a universal remote controller for hardware/software synths ,usb , VA synth, act like a sound card, etc... Of course it's not the virus, but really Access, the only novelty is the hypersaw ?
So....I am pondering...good thing I didn't put a deposit down....
Old 13.01.2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
BTW - my spam comment was made before the topic was moved from the forum which is supposed to be exclusively about Access products
no worries ben.
Old 13.01.2005, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I really don't think this has anything to do with why Access announced when they did - it doesn't seem to be aimed at the same market for one thing. I also fail to see how they'd have got hold of the info that far in advance? I doubt Korg would have sent them a memo

well i am certainly interested in both products and the both offer similar features - at this stage from my understanding the new korg is offering VA synthesis combined with a multitude of other features - i would consider it a competitor to the TI for those in the market for a serious VA.

i wish korg sent me that memo

cheers

blay
Old 13.01.2005, 01:44 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
check out the specs that timo posted in the thread linked below and you may change your mind.

I've seen them already - it's looks like an impressive beast to be sure, but it's still a different market IMO. It's a full-blown workstation with VA capabilties, whereas the TI is a much more focussed product. For many, the Oasys will be a put off due to feature bloat. For others it will be the workstation of their dreams for sure.

Even if they were to release a board with just the VA spec, it doesn't make it a TI beater - just a competitor..I'm sure they will sound different enough from each other to mean that there is room for both.
Old 13.01.2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Quote:

I've seen them already - it's looks like an impressive beast to be sure, but it's still a different market IMO. It's a full-blown workstation with VA capabilties, whereas the TI is a much more focussed product. For many, the Oasys will be a put off due to feature bloat. For others it will be the workstation of their dreams for sure.

Even if they were to release a board with just the VA spec, it doesn't make it a TI beater - just a competitor..I'm sure they will sound different enough from each other to mean that there is room for both.
sorry ben this original message was directed at up2p.

i agree i think both units ahve their place in the market - i just hope they both start shipping at NAMM time

cheers

blay
Old 13.01.2005, 01:51 PM
Administrator

There's no actual info about the physical modelling of instruments that was apparent on the "OASYS" PCI card a few years ago. The analogue and physical modelling synthesis is the stuff I'm after, although they already did the analogue aspect (AL-1). :/ No doubt they'll make a physical modelling board available sometime, if the synth doesn't already do it.
Old 13.01.2005, 01:58 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

Sounds great, but doesn't sounds like I'll be able to afford one...If 7000$ is the rumored pricetag, it's like 10 000$ CAN, that's more than 3 times the price of the TI POLAR!
Old 13.01.2005, 02:01 PM

im interested to know....

this product allegedly has four high speed usd ports - i wonder if they deliver true high speed bandwidth or if it will be the same ast the TI and only deliver usb1.1 bandwidth?