Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 18.02.2004, 03:05 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank
Thats pretty funny Juho...very good analogy...but i dont see us fighting/debating anytime soon... but it doesnt matter to me anyhow...im not that interesting in being a moderator...if it happens it happens...i would just like to be known as a synth programmer...
Indeed. Let's just hope that HC doesn't get out of control.

Quote:
i got caught off track writting a symphony for my boss @ work...
I'm not sure have you mentioned before, but where are you working at the moment?

Quote:
anyway what do u think about what i listed juho? on this thread i mean...for analogue gear..
I'd go for the vintage stuff instead of new analogs. MS-20, Mono/Poly are very nice. MS-20's are a bit pricey nowadays, but most of the simple late 70's and early 80's analogs are really cheap and sound bloody good.

A sampler with simple vintage analog synth is a very good combination as we heard on HC's clips.
Old 18.02.2004, 03:08 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I work a Hilton Reservations Worldwide...

What modern analogues have u played with Juho?

peace
Blank
Old 18.02.2004, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Quote:
What modern analogues have u played with Juho?
Haven't had a chance to try any of them since they're quite rare around here. As what I can say from the clips I've heard they do sound better than their virtual cousins, but the biggest problem is the price. Of course they have polyphony and some other features that old ones don't have, but. For example you could get loads of vintage analogs for a price of one new Omega8. You could also get a MIDI/CV converter so you could control the vintage gear with MIDI.

But of course it's best to pick the one setup you prefer, but I'd get a vintage gear with sampler and/or MIDI/CV converter.
Old 18.02.2004, 03:30 PM
Veteran
Veteran

well im definitely going vintage i just want to know ppls preferences to get a better grasp on the whole circut...

peace
Blank
Old 18.02.2004, 05:22 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

I always loved the basses of chicane, so then one day i read a interview with him and he told the magazine that he always uses the SH101 for basses. Thats why i got mine i love it

I also got the Waldorf pulse that also is very fat but the user interfce suxx, but im getting rid of it since i no longer need it. So if anyone is interested i have 1 for sale its mint condition and its yours for 2900 swedish kronor

Anyways im not very fond of analouge gear(older that is) i think its too much hassle. I like VAs
Old 18.02.2004, 09:12 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Waldorf is now bankrupt so perhaps if you keep hold of it for a while the price may go up like vintage gear.

Waldorf filed for bankruptcy last week and their websites have been shut down now aswell. Perhaps they will come back with a new name.

Old 18.02.2004, 10:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS
Waldorf is now bankrupt so perhaps if you keep hold of it for a while the price may go up like vintage gear.

Waldorf filed for bankruptcy last week and their websites have been shut down now aswell. Perhaps they will come back with a new name.
No wonder there were so few Waldorf products in stores lately. I think Waldorf will do like Alesis: Get back on business with new owners and products.
Old 18.02.2004, 10:56 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyS

Yeah! I heard about that, pity. I hope your right about the prices anyone that wanna buy a Pulse....just 6000 sek...hehehe
Old 18.02.2004, 11:18 PM

Quote:
well im definitely going vintage i just want to know ppls preferences to get a better grasp on the whole circut...
think it will be cheaper for you to go vintage with a midi/cv kit.

as you know im chasing a few at the moment...but the ones im chasing to keep (as long as the prices are right) are:

korg mono/poly, ms20 (played on a mono/poly in ausi - cool sound)
roland 101

the rest i get ill pass on....im still biddin on heaps (much to my wifes disgust!

it is a real pitty about waldorf, but i seem to hear rumors of the company being bought out. they may crop up again.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 18.02.2004, 11:42 PM
Veteran
Veteran

no wonder their site is down...I have been trying to get on their site for a few dayz...

peace
Blank

BTW any1 know any places that just sell vintage gear...i freaking hate bidding...