Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 16.02.2009, 08:18 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Angry TI Display gone crazy

Hi,
Since last week the blue display of my Access virus TI desktop has gone mad. The center of it is still ok, but on both sides (2/3 of the screen surface) i can't read it anymore because it's messed up with plenty of black dots. I didnt change anything when it happens. I have OS3, and tried to reinstall it but no improvement. I tried to unplug it, replug, no change.
Do you think it's good for trash? It's 2,5 years old, i am not sure the warranty is still applicable.
Did some experience the same trouble?
Thanks
Old 24.02.2009, 12:49 AM
Newborn
Newborn

Smile Normal after 2 or 3 years

Hello it happened to me with an Indigo2 as well. Maybe after 2 or 3 years of use. A friend of mine had bought one the same month as me, and it happened to him as well exactly at the same time, 3 weeks after me. So the LCD scree blinks madly like On/off very fast, and sometimes very slow, sometimes it's fine for 3 minutes. Another year later my screen went dark for ever but the synth kept working fine with no lights, but not possible to program of course.
Well I eventually had the LCD screen changed by the local dealer who ordered one from Access, received it within 24 hours, and it took him 5 minutes to replace the old one by the new one. My friend was more cautious and sent the synth back to Access who changed the screen. But the shipping cost of the post office from France to Germany was more than the small fee asked by my local dealer. Well it costed me an extra 300E, as if the synth wasn't expensive enough already. I 'm looking anxiously at my new TI Snow, knowing it will happen again because the LCDs they use are crap and they don't boast about it.
Anyway don't worry too much it's normal if your synth is more than 2 years old.
Bye.
Old 24.02.2009, 02:23 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Im thinking its OS3 mine had never done it before until i upgraded the other day, i just turned it off for a while then powered it up with no cables going to anything else. Probably just a bug that needs fixing better let them know on the access website as the OS3 is still in beta version isnt it?