Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 22.12.2011, 09:41 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Default Recording other Hardware Synths using Virus

Hi All

Hello again... long time no visit. Hope you're all well.

I have recently regained my interest in music production - though I am still not good!

I am in need of some advice from you experts out there.

I want to be able to record audio from my two other hardware synths, via recorded MIDI tracks in Logic Pro. So, as I see it, I set up the synths as external midi devices and get them seen in Logic, I can then play them and record this as MIDI data, and play it back. So far, this works.

However, when I bounce the synth track I get a blank audio file added to the bin folder in Logic. The synths play when I bounce, but no audio gets written - so I am guessing I have my rig set up wrong.

How do I route the output of the other two synths through to the VirusTI? Currently I have all audio outs sent to my Yamaha Mixing desk, then out to the monitors. Do I need to pass an out1-2 to the audio input of the TI to be able to do what I want...?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John