Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 02.10.2005, 05:05 PM
New here
New here

Default Cannot get any sound from my Virus KC

I just bought a virus KC off of ebay and I cannot get any sound from it at all. It boots up correctly and no matter what value I turn the Master Volume to it does nothing. I have tried all of the external outputs through a PA and with headphones and nothing.

I would assume that it is the Keyboard Local turned to off, but I cannot find the Keyboard menu to turn local back on. What should I do or where is it at?

(sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm a noob to the Virus as well as this forum)
Old 02.10.2005, 05:07 PM
New here
New here

P.S. I bought it with OS 6.5 build 352 if that helps any.
Old 02.10.2005, 05:56 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

did you try rebooting it?
Old 02.10.2005, 06:19 PM

agreed. Once you determine that local on is set, try doing a system reset.
Old 03.10.2005, 10:02 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to pDc

I have no experience with a keyboardy Virus but there are 2 buttons you can press simultaneously to force the Virus to 'play' the current sound.

Testing this should eliminate any keyboard issues and prove your sound output is working.

You may also be able to play a demo song by pressing another 2 buttons...

Also see the little screen - when it receives a MIDI note to play (MIDI VEL ON), a musical note picture appears.

If this is filled in (crotchet) then the Virus has received a MIDI note on the right channel.

If this is NOT filled in (minim) then the Virus has received a MIDI note - but on a channel it is not responding to.

A few things to try.
Old 04.10.2005, 02:22 PM
New here
New here

Well, I have tried to reboot it...still nothing. The strangest thing is...I have searched and searched the manual and I went through every menu and submenu on the Virus and I absolutely cannot find the KEYBOARD menu in which to turn the local on or off. What is the deal?

I am looking in the same area as SYSTEM, RANDOM, etc., but there is no KEYBOARD section.

What should I do?

P.S. I have never once in my life plugged a midi cable into anything, and I have no other keyboard to even attempt to use as a controller. So, I don't have any idea (1) how to begin or (2) how to find out if local is turned ON or OFF. I am just assuming it it turned off since there is no visual reference in the LCD when I press any key or move the pitch or mod wheels.
Old 09.10.2005, 11:38 PM
New here
New here

Default myabe this will help hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mullmuzzler1979
Well, I have tried to reboot it...still nothing. The strangest thing is...I have searched and searched the manual and I went through every menu and submenu on the Virus and I absolutely cannot find the KEYBOARD menu in which to turn the local on or off. What is the deal?

I am looking in the same area as SYSTEM, RANDOM, etc., but there is no KEYBOARD section.

What should I do?

P.S. I have never once in my life plugged a midi cable into anything, and I have no other keyboard to even attempt to use as a controller. So, I don't have any idea (1) how to begin or (2) how to find out if local is turned ON or OFF. I am just assuming it it turned off since there is no visual reference in the LCD when I press any key or move the pitch or mod wheels.
Hi,

I'm sure you've figured this out by now... Press your system button ONCE.
Use the PARAMETER / BANK buttons to move through the different options until you see....... KEYBOARD Local=On

Old 03.11.2005, 04:18 AM
New here
New here

nm
Old 03.11.2005, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp2k2
im having the same problem, i can't find the "local on" setting. Any ideas?
Refer to post directly above yours

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60