Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 27.09.2005, 03:43 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Latency of running a sound source through the TI?

I did a search, but didn't see anything address this specifically (probably looked past the answer). Let's say I wanted to run my JV-2080 sound module through the virus to use the virus effects on my 2080 sounds in realtime. What is the latency I should be expecting. With my soundcard, I can control this (and usually set it to 256 buffers = 7ms), but am not sure if this can be controlled on the virus. For me, the complete latency from when I press a key on my keyboard - sound generated by 2080 - sound goes through TI and is manipulated - sound gets transferred through usb into audio app (Cubase) would have to be 13ms or less. Is this possible?
Old 28.09.2005, 01:08 PM

hmmm, no response yet from access. Just to make sure I am thinking about this correctly - with the new TI, we should be able to plug another sound source (ie a sound module) into it and use the TI's effects to manipulate the external sound modules sounds, correct?

edit, you know what, I haven't downloaded the manual yet and read it. Going to do that right now!
Old 28.09.2005, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Jones
hmmm, no response yet from access. Just to make sure I am thinking about this correctly - with the new TI, we should be able to plug another sound source (ie a sound module) into it and use the TI's effects to manipulate the external sound modules sounds, correct?

edit, you know what, I haven't downloaded the manual yet and read it. Going to do that right now!
You can do that already with any Virus.

I often run a Korg workstation through the Virus for it's reverb and stuff.

The latency will be the same as any digital effects processor.
Old 30.09.2005, 09:45 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to pDc

There is no real latency. It is as 'instant' as any live/realtime fx processor.

I run my Roland sound module through it.

You can run it 'clean' through, or put it through any of the patch fx such as reverb, distortion, filters, etc.

I have a Virus B but I can't see these features being dropped...!
Old 30.09.2005, 11:10 AM

Thanks Timo and PDC, I have no idea why I didn't think of it in terms as one of my other external effects processors.