Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 30.09.2004, 11:27 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Remix contest 2 - The second try

Last time this thing didn't work. What about now when we have some fresh blood on the forum. Anyone interested in a small remix contest? The idea of this contest is not to remix with a taste of blood in your mouth. The idea is to just have some fun and see what kind of version people get from a certain track. It's interesting to listen to the results, it's fun and it offers a great way to get away from your producing routines.

Like I wrote in one introduction thread last week, most people forget to have fun an be silly from their serious music producing, and when they forget to be silly, they tend to recycle the techniques they know. This contest is a good way to relax and just have fun with music instead of tweaking your serious tracks while wrinkling your forehead. And what's the best, you can now force yourself to learn new tricks and do things you never dared to try before. We could pick a totally absurd track for remixing so that you can be a MacGyver of music. Last contest just flatted when most of the people said they didn't have time for this kind of nonsense. Let's hope we have better results this time. This is not an ordinary nonsense. This is that kind of nonsense that develops you as a producer.

I repeat: This is not a serious contest. We don't contest to see who's the best. We just have fun. In the end when everyone has their remix done, we could gather the links in one thread and then start an open voting (i.e. everybody pick top-3 with three points for the first place, two points for second place and one point for third place). The winner gets a virtual medal or something.
Old 01.10.2004, 05:50 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I'm in.
________
Homemade ffm

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01.10.2004, 09:58 AM

Default Re: Remix contest 2 - The second try

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
I repeat: This is not a serious contest.
I'm too serious for such trivial nonsense. Then on the other hand I enjoyed turning Juho's and Matsa's serious track into "candy" music. I think you said "candy" juho. I specially enjoyed chopping your hammond to peices, so yeh why not. I'm in too!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 01.10.2004, 11:11 AM

Hmmmm........Ummmmm........Well...........Uhhhhh........Ahhhhhh....

Will there be a tight time limit for this project????

OK......I guess I am in too. Life's too short to be serious all the time, lets have a bit of fun!

edit: P.S I have 6 CD's full of acapella MP3's......perhaps this will be usefull in deciding what song to remix?? Should I post a list?

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 01.10.2004, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
I think a month would be a good limit. Everybody should come up with something in that time.

Quote:
OK......I guess I am in too. Life's too short to be serious all the time, lets have a bit of fun!

edit: P.S I have 6 CD's full of acapella MP3's......perhaps this will be usefull in deciding what song to remix?? Should I post a list?
Great! Sure! Where have you got those CD's? I'd gladly get my hands on accapella material.
Old 01.10.2004, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
I think a month would be a good limit. Everybody should come up with something in that time.

Quote:

Great! Sure! Where have you got those CD's? I'd gladly get my hands on accapella material.
OK....a month sounds good.

I guess I will scan the list and post it on my website.......it is almost like a short novel though, you can fit alot of MP3's on 6 CD's!!!! A friend sourced them from the net, and lent them to me......score!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 01.10.2004, 01:27 PM

*see other post for list of acapella's

Old 01.10.2004, 04:58 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Could you, like, put those in a text file, and like, link it.
________
YAMAHA TX750 SPECIFICATIONS

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02.10.2004, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saba
Could you, like, put those in a text file, and like, link it.
Sorry, see new post in "General Discussion about music" forum for full list of MP3 acapella's...

Old 03.10.2004, 04:08 AM

Where's the enthusiasm????

Lets get this show on the road........