Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 05.12.2010, 05:03 PM
Pro
Pro

Apple seem to drop and pick features when they feel the season is fit, ie firewire and so on.

Personally I wouldn't see myself investing in any new technology like light peak for a couple of years when fully established and seen to last. Look at SSD the latest thing but still pitfulls and issues a few years on, I am sure they will get better but for RAM (Master drives or audio recording drives) not ideal for using as ROM and storage great (data drives)

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 15.12.2010, 04:18 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Taken from facebook The NAMM Show post.

Quote:
Virus the virus will not be replaced or hardware updated. there might be some software news for the virus though.
Old 15.12.2010, 04:19 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Taken from access virus facebook page, The NAMM Show post.

Quote:
Virus the virus will not be replaced or hardware updated. there might be some software news for the virus though.
Old 16.12.2010, 07:08 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

"Might"
http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=32564

by Marc himself. I have this idea of an OS5 heavily based on the latest 4.x improvements with Total Integration in computers' operating systems coupled with some new beautiful feature. Actually it's a hope not an idea but whatever
Old 16.12.2010, 08:32 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

at a guess...

I reckon a virus with more knobs or control features on to replace the ti/2. The ti v2 looks too similar to the original to account for the price hike. I paid £1200 new for my original TI KB , now that it's near £2000 for the Ti2 I can see access trying to make it look like a much better or upgraded synth.

Also a new OS , maybe even a better version of virus control software. I reckon compression/gating/ducking being added to be more in line with the glitch type music which is being produced at the moment.

(I was spot on 100% right when guessing in the NAMM thread just before the Ti/2 showed up )

click me for main download page
Old 16.12.2010, 09:17 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamEvil View Post
at a guess...

I reckon a virus with more knobs or control features on to replace the ti/2. The ti v2 looks too similar to the original to account for the price hike. I paid £1200 new for my original TI KB , now that it's near £2000 for the Ti2 I can see access trying to make it look like a much better or upgraded synth.

Also a new OS , maybe even a better version of virus control software. I reckon compression/gating/ducking being added to be more in line with the glitch type music which is being produced at the moment.

(I was spot on 100% right when guessing in the NAMM thread just before the Ti/2 showed up )
Hi Evil. Marc has already said there will be no new hardware next year (Winter NAMM 2011).

Which means no user customisable PCMs. :/ (I believe Marc has said the current hardware cannot support user PCMs). Unless some sort of rabbit is pulled out of the bag.

But you are correct, the price of the Virus has gotten utterly, absolutely silly.
Old 17.12.2010, 11:25 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

I don't know about UK customs and other taxes but you have to complain with that kind of stuff. Here the Virus Keys cost about 2400€ (2200UK£) but they're always been that price in the last 4 or something years. 1800€/1500£ for a VTI2 Desktop as it's always been. I don't know what the prices were in the UK but this has been the case in Italy since the TI came out IIRC. If your prices were lower (with such a stable £/€ rate) there has to be a reason.
Old 07.01.2011, 09:49 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Access said " the TI line will not receive a hardware update..." on there Facebook page.
So for me the are 3 possibilities:

1) They will show a new line of Virus "Hardware"
2) They will show a new virtual Virus (software like the Virus TDM Plug-in)
3) They will show the TI OS 5

Bets are open until the 13 January

What do you think???
PC2 - OS: Windows 7 x64
Host Sequencer: Cubase 5
----------------------------------------------------
http://www.myspace.com/spacenat
Old 07.01.2011, 01:58 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
Hi Evil. Marc has already said there will be no new hardware next year (Winter NAMM 2011).

Which means no user customisable PCMs. :/ (I believe Marc has said the current hardware cannot support user PCMs). Unless some sort of rabbit is pulled out of the bag.

But you are correct, the price of the Virus has gotten utterly, absolutely silly.
Hi

Gotcha no new hardware. Good job really as I'd only want it

One thing I do hope they put is a sound morph similar to that on the OB12, assign one sound to the max modulation wheel and assign another the min modulation wheel , faff about with the modulation to smoothly change between them.. and also save the good sounding inbetween points

click me for main download page
Old 07.01.2011, 02:07 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natspace View Post
Access said " the TI line will not receive a hardware update..." on there Facebook page.
So for me the are 3 possibilities:

1) They will show a new line of Virus "Hardware"
2) They will show a new virtual Virus (software like the Virus TDM Plug-in)
3) They will show the TI OS 5

Bets are open until the 13 January

What do you think???
"TI will not receive a hardware update" means just that. There will not be a new line of Virus hardware this time.

OS v5 looks the best bet. Maybe Snow may see a 'refresh' upgrade (a slight CPU bump), seeing as TI has previously already been updated from TI|1 to TI|2 last year with the 25% extra DSP.

All speculation though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamEvil View Post
Hi

Gotcha no new hardware. Good job really as I'd only want it

One thing I do hope they put is a sound morph similar to that on the OB12, assign one sound to the max modulation wheel and assign another the min modulation wheel , faff about with the modulation to smoothly change between them.. and also save the good sounding inbetween points
That would be great. Bit difficult if patches need to switch to different oscillator types though, maybe a volume-crossfade for that aspect although extra poly would be needed. Korg Radias-like filters could be implemented to morph between each other. All the other parameter settings however would be a cinch.