Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.02.2010, 09:52 PM
New here
New here

Default Newbie: Training/Tutorial resources for Virus T12

Hello there,

I will be getting my first Virus in a few weeks - a TI2 Keyboard - and I'm getting very excited.

This will be my first hardware synth and although I've been fooling around with softsynths for a while, I really need to sit down and 'learn' this one properly.

So, I have some questions ...

What resources are out there for specifically for Virus owners. Are there are good 'tutorial' websites with 'tips' types videos - have any books been released?. I imagine the official manual will be a heavy duty and a pretty unfriendly affair unless you're an expert. Anyone I should be following on YouTube etc?

Is this the main community site? Is this the best place to get questions answered etc. I am an active member of FL Studio forum and that's great and I'm hoping to find somewhere similiar specifically for my Virus issues. How is the main Access forum ... I guess you guys will be a bit biased, but i'll trust you to be honest

I really want to get the most out of my hardware synth and don't want to just end up using presets, so any resources that have helped a relative 'noob' would be great. I'm getting my head around subtractive synthethis using softsynths and I'm getting there but obviously each synth is specific and it's these specific Virus resources that I want to start hunting down.

Thanks for any pointers you have ... I'm getting very excited !

S.S.
Old 28.02.2010, 11:01 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

@ SpencerSteel

Nice to hear that and you will love the sound of the Virus.

You will get tutorials with your Virus installation CD or by downloading all the stuff on the ACCESS website.

Get a look on youtube too there are some good vid but not many in tutorials for soundsettings. Maybe a book like this (title):
Power Tools for Synthesizer Programming: The Ultimate Reference for Sound Design

As you already worked with softsynth maybe you don't need this book.

The official Forum on the ACCESS page is OFFICIAL! So you will find answers on both forums. It's simply that on the Access page they are posting official satements and Marc and the other moderators from Access are more active there. And sometimes they are also posting here.

Trial and error is a sort of thing you need when starting with the hardware synth. With the time you will know how the Virus is working and it will become easier to create the sound of you imagination.

The preset aren't bad you know and there are 7000 and more waiting for you. Do you really need more?

Hope this helped.

Cheers