Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.05.2005, 09:46 AM
This forum member lives here

No, I dont want to be part of another forum. Come on then, lets transplant the entire forum into the TI forum....as Blay says. Blay im with you on this one.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 04.05.2005, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
DS wrote:
No, I dont want to be part of another forum. Come on then, lets transplant the entire forum into the TI forum....as Blay says. Blay im with you on this one.

DS
Now that has sank into my slow brain...

Basically, keeping this forum alive is the most important thing to me whether it be as a unique entity with its own URL or part of another.

My first choice? Independent of course.

But co-existence is better than none if that is the only route available.

At any rate it is very nice of Tommy and Rami to offer their help in both scenarios and I applaud them for it.

Cheers!

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 04.05.2005, 03:41 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
so let me get this straight - our forum will now become a section on audiosluts?
Certainly not. I was intending to do away with audiosluts and have Unofficial Access Virus forum as the main feature. I`ll also be able to add a radio stream for the forum and any other features required, including the forums own domain name. This is why i got a dedicated server instead of renting space/bw from a webhosting company which can limit what you do.

Anyway the main thing is the forum gets a new home for the future. My offer is there for aslong is needed.

Old 05.05.2005, 01:50 AM

OK let's get this sorted guys.

I'd much rather have the forum independant of any other forum. Tommy has been here for ages too, so I think if he can handle the size of this board, then he should take it over.

As far as it merging into another board goes - this is a last resort. It's great that we have the option though. Thanks TI board.

Where's Juho's, 303's and everyone else's opinion on this? Maybe a little more discussion on this thread, then let's get an opinion poll going. Juho can set it up I reckon.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 05.05.2005, 05:40 AM
Administrator

I'm strongly supporting TommyS on this issue. Go Tommy, go!

Blending this forum as a part of an other forum would be the same as deleting the whole forum.
Old 05.05.2005, 08:15 AM
Pro
Pro

Send a message via ICQ to hatembr

i'll give you my opinion about this....

Well i support everyone who is capable of hosting this forum wherever he wants as long as the forums are the same (same categories) as well as the users and the overall atmosphere we have here since years.

Now the point is that i've never understood the meaning and the goal of having a seperate forum for the Virus TI, isn't it a virus? did we have a seperate forum for the B then the C ? The answer is abviously NO.
So hosting this board under the Virus TI label is kind of a restriction which imho is not a good idea at all. I don't blame people who made that board, they're free to have their own community if they want, but personnally, i prefer this one (although I've registred on the other one too ). To me, the virus forum is this forum. Here is where i've learnt everything about it, and it's not by chance access employees check it regularly.

So, let's sum up, imho, hosting this forum under a neutral name such as audiosluts or anything else is quite better than Virus TI. Then, another possibility, TommyS says he has space and bandwidth for it, it is also possible to put it in a seperate folder, and make a domain name point to it independently from audiosluts.com , there is just the database issue which may need to be solved, it means TommyS will have 2 databases!

Anyway... that's my opnion!
Old 05.05.2005, 08:29 AM
Administrator

I don't think this forums is a plain Virus forum anymore. This is a forum on a higher level. As many of you have noticed that most of the discussions are non-Virus releated and remember that this forum has no trolls or any other dickheads (which could change totally if this forum would be interated to another forum). Although we fight from time to time, it all happens in a good spirit. This is like a happy commune.

As Hatembr said TommyS has really great hosting possibilities. The danger in being hosted on a same site with TI forum is that it could eventually lead to au ugly situation in which our idyllic paradise is combined by force to the TI forum (although it probably won't happen, but the danger exists). Being hosted on a server that doesn't have any other Virus releated forums will reduce the risk of forum combination greatly and being hosted by long-term Unoffical Virus forum member offers a stable ground for our forum to live and grow in peace.

Edit: I'd also like to say that I really have nothing against the TI forum. I just fear the combination-by-force too much to allow the TI forum server to host this forum. Sebastian and I planned to even rename this forum in the server change process, because - as I said - this is not a plain Virus forum anymore.
Old 05.05.2005, 08:40 AM

So it's settled then. Tommy is the guy for the job!

I don't know about the renaming though. I guess it's OK as long as it has "unoffical" and not unofficial in the title.

So the co-admin will have to get off his piratie arse and PM to make this happen.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 05.05.2005, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
I'm strongly supporting TommyS on this issue. Go Tommy, go!

Blending this forum as a part of an other forum would be the same as deleting the whole forum.
i think its funny that noone read my previous post that stated rami would be happy to host this forum in its entirity with absolutely no change...

my concern i expressed was merely that virusforum would just become a section on audiosluts...

tommys offer is very generous and if it is a decent server then i say go for it - i just wish people would read more than just my first post regarding the situation - seems some are a little too protective of this little php board

cheers

blay
Old 05.05.2005, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blay
i think its funny that noone read my previous post that stated rami would be happy to host this forum in its entirity with absolutely no change...
You're not reading my posts. Hoho.

I fear the forced unification in the future. "Hey, afterall they talk about Viruses there. Let's combine these forums". I believe it won't happen, but there's a chance.

But anyways TommyS really has loads of bandwidth, and it's generally better server than Rami's server, so why not to move to TommyS' server? There's only plusses on TommyS side...

Quote:
seems some are a little too protective of this little php board
The best Virus board must be protected. ?hih.