Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 16.11.2008, 04:49 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Wow! Thanks for the kudos everyone; I really appreciate it! I haven't dressed up for Halloween forever, and I have always been a fan of Norse mythology, so I went all out this year and it was alot of fun.

HC, Why does it not surprise me that you ask your wifey to dress up? Have you talked her into the altar boy outfit yet?

Shambler, you hit the nail on the head, I had a shit-eating, gleeful grin on my face because the whole thing came together after much planning and I was on my way out to get...um...errrr..OK I'll just say it - HAMMERED.

Monobeat, the hammer I wielded was a hollow, plastic Marvel comics replica! It was only $20 and weighed a pound or so at most! Get one for yourself and let out your inner barabarian! Muhahahaaaa!!!

The site I bought the hammer and helmet from is here:

http://www.80stees.com/

They've got some pretty dope-ass retro shit if you ask me.

Cheers all!

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 18.11.2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

haha, hard as nails. Is that spike on your helmet for impaling people, rhinosaurus style.

Both of you look great. Very suited. Did the kids go, too?

We had a family gathering - a pumpkin party (my dad grows them, and I carve them) - with soup, a big barbecue, stacks of candles, a fire, and fireworks and stuff. An amalgamation of Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night (also known as Bonfire- or Fireworks-Night, a traditional UK celebration of the alleged foiling of a gunpowder plot by 'Guy Fawkes' to blow up the Houses of Parliament around 400yrs ago. Dunno if it's actually true, but it's a lot of fun. Fireworks all over the place.).

Autumn. It's a great time of year!
Old 23.11.2008, 03:09 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timo View Post
haha, hard as nails. Is that spike on your helmet for impaling people, rhinosaurus style.

Both of you look great. Very suited. Did the kids go, too?

We had a family gathering - a pumpkin party (my dad grows them, and I carve them) - with soup, a big barbecue, stacks of candles, a fire, and fireworks and stuff. An amalgamation of Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night (also known as Bonfire- or Fireworks-Night, a traditional UK celebration of the alleged foiling of a gunpowder plot by 'Guy Fawkes' to blow up the Houses of Parliament around 400yrs ago. Dunno if it's actually true, but it's a lot of fun. Fireworks all over the place.).

Autumn. It's a great time of year!
Dude! That's awesome! I fucking love carving Jack-O-Lanterns! My kids like the silly ones but I am really good at carving the freaky-terrifying shit out of a gord. It's an art form really! Guy Fawkes Night, that's one to pull up from the rusty old grey matter. What a good man to initiate a celebration of gunpowder!

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 25.11.2008, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
My kids like the silly ones but I am really good at carving the freaky-terrifying shit out of a gord.
Are you trying to tell us that your carving skills are so crappy that your creations inspire fear even in the most hardy people?
Old 27.11.2008, 12:57 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L View Post
Are you trying to tell us that your carving skills are so crappy that your creations inspire fear even in the most hardy people?
How dare you spew such filth at me. Those are fighting words. Prepare for a duel, pistols at dawn, I'll load your gun for you, it will be fine...

Nope, carving pumpkins is just one of those simple tasks that is fun to go way overboard with, to me anyway.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 28.11.2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHall74 View Post
Nope, carving pumpkins is just one of those simple tasks that is fun to go way overboard with, to me anyway.
You aren't one of those men who microwave the pumpkin to a human like warmth, then create a few holes in which to get ball deep in are you?

It is ok if you are though Alex. I would imagine that many people would give you candy if you came to their doors wearing only a pumpkin.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut