Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 31.10.2005, 06:36 PM
New here
New here

Default [unsolved] TI Polar w/1.05 problems

I'm just really frustrated by the fact that this amazing synthesizer is virtually useless in its current state. The only good thing 1.05 appears to have done for me is stop crashing Nuendo so frequently, probably due to automation.

All the following problems are when working with VirusControl in Nuendo 3. I haven't bothered to check these problems "outside" that combo, where I can, as this is how I'll be using the TI in the future.

1. I've never gotten anywhere close to a proper sync with any arp. Whenever I have a MIDI note trigger an arpeggio patch and hit play in Nuendo, I get some kind stumble in the very beginning, but it does at no point ever lock to tempo.

2. Working with 2 sounds at the same time, sometimes notes come early and sometimes they come late. Today, when I had two different patches in slots 1 and 2, 1 came pretty much on time and 2 came way too late.

3. I occasionally get stuck notes and need to reach for the panic combo.

4. A lot of sounds seem to have some kind of hissing, distortion-like quality to them, kind of like the effect a bit reduction would give you at lower bitrates.

5. Most patches have some interesting stuff going on when you tweak the three assignable knobs under the display, but I'm unable to write any automation from these.

6. Some minor problems are solved by exiting and re-opening VirusControl, but this really shouldn't be necessary. Very annoying.

That's all I can think of right now.
Old 31.10.2005, 07:23 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Hi Boyler, would you mind listing your setup details? Preferrably as your signature.

I don't know Nuendo, but I guess it may have some similarities to SX?

Have you tried going to Device Manager>Device Set Up>Virus USB ASIO Driver and clicking Reset?

For some reason, I find this necessary for SX to behave well - perhaps Nuendo is similar in this regard?
Old 31.10.2005, 08:38 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben crosland
Hi Boyler, would you mind listing your setup details? Preferrably as your signature.

I don't know Nuendo, but I guess it may have some similarities to SX?

Have you tried going to Device Manager>Device Set Up>Virus USB ASIO Driver and clicking Reset?

For some reason, I find this necessary for SX to behave well - perhaps Nuendo is similar in this regard?
(Edited)

Thanks for taking interest in my problems, Ben. Yeah, Nuendo and SX are based on the exact same engine. I'm not using the TI's USB ASIO Driver for output. RME Hammerfall DSP only.

Virus TI Polar 1.05 | Nuendo 3.1.1 | WinXP SP2 | Asus P4C800 | 1.5GB RAM (3 x Corsair CMX512-3200LL) | P4 3.20GHz Prescott | UAD-1 4.0 | PowerCore Element 1.9.6 | RME Hammerfall DSP 2.94