Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 25.06.2004, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Great work Per!

Beutiful programmed sounds

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 25.06.2004, 11:35 PM

Yep, agree with everyone here. Well programmed sounds mate.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 19.07.2004, 08:44 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default christ on a bike

Is that just the virus?

WOOOAAAAHHH

very, very nice

i actually been gettin a bit p****d off with the sounds im makin from the indigo 2, but this gives me hope....

and thats jay vaughn from access now?
he was with yamaha engineers i think for a while too....
so its a bit of a compliment

any tips on how you approach your patches?
Old 20.07.2004, 07:56 AM

In what way are u pissed off with ur programming attempts? How long have you been programming synths for? Honestly it takes at least 2 years to develope the skills to make truly great sounds + you need to be a creative individual.

Post some .mid files or mp3's of your programming attempts and we can help you overcome any problems.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 20.07.2004, 04:44 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

hope i aint hyjacking this thread now 8O
i suppose im pissed off at the fact that im not at a stage where i can imagine a sound, then create it exactly that way...
ive had a few synths for about 5 yrs, kept on changing them, but have had the indigo2 now for just over a yr...
i understand subtractive synthesis, and got a good feel of routing modulations on the indigo..
but from the sample i heard from per, it sounds like he knew exactly how to get the sound he wanted...

would you want a patch uploaded or a tune?
cheers for the help
Old 21.07.2004, 06:06 AM

Instead of uploading a patch or a tune, isn't it better that Per tells us how he managed to create these patches. I don't know if Per wants it, but if we all go down on our kness before Per .
Gearlist: Access Virus C, Clavia Nord Modular Key (fully expanded), Clavia Nord Lead 2 Rack, Roland D-10, Roland JP-8000, Yamaha A-3000, Roland MC-303, Boss Dr. Synth DS-330, Roland RPC-1 + VM-3100Pro, Adam P11-A.
Software: Cubase SL 1.0
Soon: Chameleon mkII
Old 21.07.2004, 06:43 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Per Kristian

No, knee bending necessary, thats so uncomfortable Though I am greatly honored

I am not sure where to start, but the impression I get when listening to Equinoxe is that many "string-ensemble"-like sounds is used. Lots of chorus and vibrato. A lot of equalizing is going on too, the Virus KB haven't got a equalizer so thats a bit sad. The Virus C do have a built-in equalizer, haven't it? The Equinoxe 5 remake would probably sound much better with that! Like the Minipops snare, I've never really managed to make it sound as fat as in the original I've also used highpass-distrortion on many of the sounds, to get that 70's crispy feel.

The mainlead, which maybe is the patch that sound closest to the original, is just a brass-like sound with fast envelopes, some vibrato, quite a bit HP-distortion and lots of delay.

I guess I just listen to the sound very carefully, try to part it from the other sounds and do what ever I can on the Virus to make it sound like the original. But it is also very important to listen to how the patches sounds together in a mix, thats maybe more important. Adjusting volume, panning and frequencies is not easy!

I have posted the whole Virus KB Equinoxe 5 tune on my website now, and this time it is played all in one shot in mulitmode, no layering of tracks

http://www.perkristian.net/music/Per...-Equinoxe5.mp3
Old 21.07.2004, 09:17 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Tom_1970

Great that you uploaded the whole tune.
Nice explanation of your editing.

We definitely have to break in your apartment, tie you on your chair and suck that multi program out of your Virus

[thumbs up mode]
Great job Per
[thumbs up mode-off]

regards

Tom
Old 24.07.2004, 12:48 PM

took me a while, but I finally got around to having a listen to the original, which I wanted to do before hearing the Virus version......I have to admit, I have absolutely no idea who this Jarre character is, and have never heard any of his music.

Anyways, as everyone else has been saying, this is quite amazing what you have done here, and must have taken alot of time, patience, and effort to peice this music together, and design all sounds so close to the original.

Awesome!

Cheers for the listen, it was most inspiring.

Jase
Old 24.07.2004, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
took me a while, but I finally got around to having a listen to the original, which I wanted to do before hearing the Virus version......I have to admit, I have absolutely no idea who this Jarre character is, and have never heard any of his music.
Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage Sacriliage

Hehehe

Jean Michelle Jarre is one of the synthesizer gods.....alongside Vangelis, Kraftwerk and 101 other 80's bands !

Jase, if you get the chance, listen to JMJ, he uses alot of analog synths and early digital synths such as the D50, JD800.

His music is timeless.....and unlike anything you have probably heared before. Most electronic artists of the past 20 years cite JMJ as a defining influence.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....