Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.04.2009, 02:49 AM
Am starting to like this forum

Default OS 3.01.09: My tests & bug reports, please confirm :)

Hey guys, these are the issues I have reported to Access, can anyone please confirm them if possible.

I'm on PC, Cubase 4.5.2, Virus TI Desktop OS 3.01.09

- VST2 & VST3 (also happens in v2): Filter Env amounts not saved correctly.

1) Open Cubase 4 and create a new project
2) Create an instance of the Virus TI in the instrument rack
3) Go to the filter page and untick the "CUTOFF LINK" and "FILTER LINK" buttons.
4) Set the ENV AMT for filters 1 and 2 to different values

e.g.
filter 1 ENV AMT: 0
filter 2 ENV AMT: 64

5) Save your project and exit Cubase
6) Start the DAW again and load the track
7) Notice that the ENV AMT values were not saved correctly

i.e.
filter 1 ENV AMT: 64

I noticed this since my track sounded different everytime I loaded it

- VST3: The computer keyboard does not work at all in this version (e.g. you can't use up/down keys to browse the presets). This works ok in the VST2 version.

- VST3: I have my knob mode set to linear (up/down) in Cubase, but the VST3 version does not detect this and all knobs can only be set using a circular motion.

- VST3: The plugin is not under the Synth folder like all the other VST3 plugins.

- VST2 & VST3: Many knobs are not responsive when using the mouse on first initialization of the plugin. Here are steps to reproduce this bug:

1) Start Cubase 4
2) Create a new project and insert the Virus TI (VST2 or VST3) in the Instrument Rack
3) Try to adjust any of the following knobs with the mouse and notice that they do not make a difference to the sound. If you use the hardware control, it works ok, but the mouse control does not.

- OSC: OSC 3 controls
- OSC: Punch knob
- FX 1: Phaser Mix knob
- FX 1: Distortion choice & adjustment
- FX 1: EQ
- FX 1: Character

And probably many more parameters, I don't have too much free time to go through all of them.

And some little comments regarding v3:

- On the filer page, I personally think that the envelopes do not need the gradient colours, it simply doesn't fit in the interface. I recommend solid colours, or a much much softer gradient. There are no harsh gradients like this on any other screen of the plugin so I find it looks out of place.

- I personally dislike the new intro screen when you power on the Virus TI, and also dislike the fade out when I power off my TI. I think this all looked and felt a lot nicer in v2.

- I actually personally don't like the way the browser page looks. I recommend you go to a darker colour scheme for that page similar to v2. This will make the page much easier to read and be a nice contrast to the other pages.

- I love all the new features and plan to use them immediately when the final release is out. They are all amazing and extend the power of this synth significantly.

- Apart from the 2 comments about the GUI, I think the new interface is a huge improvement compared to v2.

Please let me know what you think fellas, some of these bugs are definitely showstoppers for me, which is why I am still on 2.7.5
Old 12.04.2009, 02:53 AM
Am starting to like this forum

bumpies, anyone?
Old 24.04.2009, 11:08 PM
New here
New here

I still get patch recall issues. I cant resolve it and access just tell me they cant recreate it. Im a little tired of it now tbh Such a great synth, the software really lets it down for me.

I have posted my issues in general discussions, saving patches thread.
Old 24.04.2009, 11:22 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisoctane View Post
I still get patch recall issues. I cant resolve it and access just tell me they cant recreate it. Im a little tired of it now tbh Such a great synth, the software really lets it down for me.

I have posted my issues in general discussions, saving patches thread.
i think by now we have an idea of what it could be

marc
Old 25.04.2009, 01:51 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundpalace View Post
Hey guys, these are the issues I have reported to Access, can anyone please confirm them if possible.

I'm on PC, Cubase 4.5.2, Virus TI Desktop OS 3.01.09

- VST2 & VST3 (also happens in v2): Filter Env amounts not saved correctly.

1) Open Cubase 4 and create a new project
2) Create an instance of the Virus TI in the instrument rack
3) Go to the filter page and untick the "CUTOFF LINK" and "FILTER LINK" buttons.
4) Set the ENV AMT for filters 1 and 2 to different values

e.g.
filter 1 ENV AMT: 0

5) Save your project and exit Cubase
6) Start the DAW again and load the track
7) Notice that the ENV AMT values were not saved correctly

i.e.
filter 1 ENV AMT: 64

I noticed this since my track sounded different everytime I loaded it
Same problem, but not every time and not in every project, making it hard to proove as a bug. And there seem to be more ppl with the same problem. If you can reproduce it every time, send access the cubase .cpr and they will hopefully fix it soon.

Quote:
- I personally dislike the new intro screen when you power on the Virus TI, and also dislike the fade out when I power off my TI. I think this all looked and felt a lot nicer in v2.
I couldn't agree more. Everytime I turn the Ti on/off I think to myself; why would they do that? Change a good design to something like this..
The welcome screen looks like a 50$ casio synth.. all it's missing is the vocoded, high pitched "hello"
And when shutting down.. it not enough we don't have a real power switch on the Ti, now we have to hold the 2 buttons down and wait for the light to slowly fade out to be sure the Ti is off..
Then again, maybe I'm just not "hip"...
RAM: 2x 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
CPU: C2D E6850 @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: GF 8800GT 512MB
Sound: E-mu 1212M
DSP: UAD-2 Duo
USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...
Old 25.04.2009, 08:49 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
i think by now we have an idea of what it could be

marc
Hi Marc, sorry for misunderstanding but did you mean; "I think by now we would have an idea".
Or are you saying there's a possible fix around the corner?

Thanks.