Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.04.2009, 11:15 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Engel

Sometimes I want to crush my TI Snow. I'm so tired to get problems. :E:E:E
Old 22.04.2009, 10:03 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engel View Post
Please, let me know if you'll find how to fix our problem.
no, we are not working on it. simply because it doesn't happen for us. in case you wrote a bug report to access support, please supply the case issue number so i can have a look.

best, marc
Old 22.04.2009, 10:30 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Engel

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
no, we are not working on it. simply because it doesn't happen for us. in case you wrote a bug report to access support, please supply the case issue number so i can have a look.

best, marc
marc, you see, i'm not alone with this problem.
I already contacted support (SI00007839).
Old 22.04.2009, 10:57 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
marc, you see, i'm not alone with this problem.
I already contacted support (SI00007839).
i didn't say you're alone. i said that it doesn't happen for us. thanks for writing into support, i'll check with them.

marc
Old 22.04.2009, 12:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
New OS have not fix my problem.
i'm trying to figure out what your problem has to do with the other ones. and honestly i'm totally lost. so _please_ open you own thread and post a detailed description of your problem. this way we can at least attempt to help you fast.

thanks, marc
Old 22.04.2009, 02:26 PM
New here
New here

Hmm it seems that the update hos solved the problem for me. Holding my horses, but looks promising. I can see the GUI again in projects i couldn't see it in before
Old 22.04.2009, 03:18 PM
Complete Newbie

Smile

I might have solved the problem also... not 100% sure yet.
Since I upgraded from SX3 to cubase 5, it automatically imported all my settings and templates from SX3. So I tried deleting all the files in the cubase application data folder, made entirely new templates, workspaces, redid preferences and all that... and so far so good. No blank VST GUI screen.
However, the few older projects still do have it, only the new ones don't.
This may be a long shot, but I've noticed that when using a lot of routing in the cubase mixer (Involving stereo, quadro channels for sidechaining and grouping), that the Ti VST starts to cause problems. And usually when using themplates and workspaces, which I always use.
I can try to minimize the files/vst's in the problematic project and send it to you, Marc. If you can open it in cubase 5 you should be able to replicate the problem of the Virus VST GUI not showing... just don't steel my song hehe ...jk.

EDIT:
Found a possible cause: I loaded the project and opened the Ti which showed the same no gui vst. after that i started to remove the VST's one by one and open the gui each time to see if there was any change.
when I removed battery 3 vst, the gui reappeared.
I'm gonna try to further pinpoint the exact issue, but so far it can be one of 3 things; battery 3, one of the effects on one of it's 10 stereo channels i use, or the routings in the mixer themselves.

EDIT2 (Not entirely true):
It's definately battery 3 VST. that's causing it. At least in my case. Tried removing the effects one by one, reseting the routing, and only after removing the battery 3 did the virus ti gui show. Then I tried reloading the battery 3 vst and a strange warning window appeared saying:
"could not allocate enough memory! the audio engine will be stopped."
Checked the Ti VST GUI again and it was back to not showing.
I also checked the memory and still had almost 500MB of free ram left.
Could this have something to do with the swap/cache file size? Mine is set to 2GB-2GB fixed.

EDIT3 (Final...I hope):
I found that reseting the whole vst mixer also cured the problem...
So, to all who have the problem of the Ti VST GUI not showing, try the following:
- reset the entire mixer. This worked for me. If it works for you try saving the mixer channel state and reload them after reset. might work
- If you're using battery 3, save the drumkit and remove it. See if this helps you. if it does, try reloading it and restoring you drumkit.

Hopefully this will work for others with the same problem.
RAM: 2x 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
CPU: C2D E6850 @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: GF 8800GT 512MB
Sound: E-mu 1212M
DSP: UAD-2 Duo
USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...

Last edited by L.F. : 22.04.2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 22.04.2009, 06:24 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.F. View Post
and it appears some of my older SX3 projects using the Ti are not compatible with cubase 5.
I've Also noticed one other alarming Ti Bug; when reopening a cubase project file my Ti filter envelope sometimes resets to zero. Same thing sometimes happens to the cutoff..
I've checked cubase automation and it's off. So it's not supposed to move..
hey i'm also using cubase 5 and with songs from SX3, all my songs were made on sx3. So far i havnt' got that far with the whole process of installing the software and getting everything working, because i'm having this issue which sound quite similar to yours. Actualy i have been contactin access support about the issue, but the confusing thing is that they say that it doesnt happen with 2.7.5, but for me it does. I have tried the newer betas aswell. So thats odd. but from the description it sounds like the same problem, that is:

Certain patches, their cuttoff and filter env settings will change slightly when i save cubase and reopen it. So when i open the song, i see that the cuttoff and filter env has changed, and i have to reload the patch from off of the virus. However they arnt resetting to zero like you said, rather for me they just change to a differnt setting ( though that number seems to allways be the same each time) but it is only the filter 1 cuttoff, and filter 1 env, and also just on one of my patches ( i've found 4 which are doing this), the key flw changes.

So does this happen on all your patches? or just certain ones like mine seems to?

example of mine:

patch 1:
filter1 original: changes to:
env amount: 0 73
reso: 17 29

patch 2:
env amount: 29 84
reso: 83 65

the other thing that you mentioned which im curious about... you said that certain SX3 songs arn't compatable with cubase 5? could you please explain that more.. so far i've only tried 2 or 3 songs.

Im on windows vista, and have reinstalled everything. so all my SX3 songs came from a hard drive with xp installed.
Old 22.04.2009, 06:37 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.F. View Post
I also checked the memory and still had almost 500MB of free ram left.
Could this have something to do with the swap/cache file size? Mine is set to 2GB-2GB fixed.
You should try the '3gb switch'. I think it might help you hear. I don't know exactly, but without it, cubase may only be able to use 1.5 gb, and with it 2.5 or so.. something like that. But either way it works for me. just google for 'how to add /3gb switch xp' for example.
Old 22.04.2009, 11:33 PM
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HostileReality View Post
So does this happen on all your patches? or just certain ones like mine seems to?

example of mine:

patch 1:
env amount: 0 73
reso: 17 29

patch 2:
env amount: 29 84
reso: 83 65
I've noticed a similar thing happening to me. Usually, only the filter cutoff of just one of the virus channels resets it's filter envelope to zero. Unfortunately, on rare occasions it can happen to more than one patch, but AFAIK it's always cutoff or envelope. Nothing else.

Quote:
the other thing that you mentioned which im curious about... you said that certain SX3 songs arn't compatable with cubase 5? could you please explain that more.. so far i've only tried 2 or 3 songs.

Im on windows vista, and have reinstalled everything. so all my SX3 songs came from a hard drive with xp installed.
I've got 2-3 tracks which either crash the cubase 5 on startup or shortly after... And I have no idea what could be causing this.
Most SX3 projects work, however.

Quote:
You should try the '3gb switch'. I think it might help you hear. I don't know exactly, but without it, cubase may only be able to use 1.5 gb, and with it 2.5 or so.. something like that. But either way it works for me. just google for 'how to add /3gb switch xp' for example.
I had no idea about this.. never thought I'd need to worry about ram
Just hope it won't cause any problems with my raid 0 array..
I'll look it up. Thanks
RAM: 2x 2GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
CPU: C2D E6850 @ 3.5 GHz
GPU: GF 8800GT 512MB
Sound: E-mu 1212M
DSP: UAD-2 Duo
USB: Virus Ti, BCF2000, Novation Remote SL...