Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 19.04.2009, 04:51 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Exclamation Mayor Cubase 5 issues [Unsolved]

Just bought Cubase 5 and the damn thing is crashing left and right. And ofcourse, only in projects which use the Virus Ti through VC.
Where do I start..
1. Sometimes after loading a project my VC simply says: Ti not plugged in, or there seems to be a problem with yout Ti... at which time I eaither restart the Ti (software on/off), and when that doesn't work I unplug/replug it. This sometimes helps, but at other times only way to get it working is restarting cubase and unpluging the Ti. And this happens very often.

2. When it works, and the project is open, after 20 mins or so my VC simply shows a blank VST (the Ti is loaded and working, but when opening the VST GUI it's blank; nothing there except a gray surface where the Ti GUI should be). This makes it impossible to edit anything and, again, I have to restart cubase and reopen the project.

3. When closing Cubase 5, 90% of the projects using the Ti VC cause cubase to crash on shutdown. This wouldn't be such a big deal but it often does this even when only closing the current project.

I've tried everything I could think of; updated the drivers, the .net and c++ redist, tried closing all background tasks while working, evenu pdated the bios and placed the Ti as a solo device on a motherboard usb hub (the only device on that particular hub, not a real usb hub ofc..)... nothing seems to help. I even tried all the 3.x betas of the Ti; 3.0 worked flawlessly for me untill the upgrade. Reverting to 2.75 is not an option as most new projects use the features of 3.0. But honesly I don't see this being the real issue IMO..
I have used the Ti on the same machine for 2 years running cubase SX3 and have had only minor glitches now and then. The main reason I upgraded to C5 was to make my setup more stable and more compatible with the Ti...

Please... any advice you may have is very much appreciated. I can't get any work done like this, and I've got quite a few projects which have to be finished soon

PC:
WinXP SP3 + all the latest patches
Asus Commando
C2D e6850 (@3.5 GHz)
2x 1GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
2x seagate SATA disks (Raid 0)
E-mu 1212m PCI
Fortron 450W PSU

P.S. The PC works fine and is stable, no glitches, no crashes in any other department.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by L.F. : 19.04.2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 19.04.2009, 05:02 PM
Complete Newbie

Well, I dont know if I´m good to compare since I´m using a Mac Book Pro but also Cubase. Till this day I never had a problem with my VC, but to say, I´m using 2.7 and from what you can read inside this forum, OS3 can be an Issue.
I know this doesnt help much, but if I should guess... Its the VC OS3...
Old 20.04.2009, 12:06 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Access Support may be able to help with this. OS3 is in beta at the moment though so it's not all guaranteed to work perfectly!

-Annikk
Old 20.04.2009, 12:36 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to Engel

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.F. View Post
2. When it works, and the project is open, after 20 mins or so my VC simply shows a blank VST (the Ti is loaded and working, but when opening the VST GUI it's blank; nothing there except a gray surface where the Ti GUI should be). This makes it impossible to edit anything and, again, I have to restart cubase and reopen the project.

3. When closing Cubase 5, 90% of the projects using the Ti VC cause cubase to crash on shutdown. This wouldn't be such a big deal but it often does this even when only closing the current project.

PC:
WinXP SP3 + all the latest patches
Asus Commando
C2D e6850 (@3.5 GHz)
2x 1GB DDR2 @ 800MHz
2x seagate SATA disks (Raid 0)
E-mu 1212m PCI
Fortron 450W PSU
You are not alone, I have the same problems...

My PC:
Win XP or Win Vista + all patches
MB: Intel dg33fb
Proc: E6750 @3,36 GHz
2 x 2 GB DDR2 OCZ
M-audio Delta 10/10 LT