Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 14.04.2013, 04:41 AM
Pro
Pro

MEK also has true stereo external input and although there's already feedback and output hack the output *can* be fed back into external input but make sure you packed a snack and take a towel and toothbrush because you *will* open an audio wormhole

Once all together again here I plan on running some experiments running the Virus KC output into the Evolver because have been told by excellent DSI support that as an audio processing unit it is out of this world!
Old 14.04.2013, 07:43 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
on the unofficial DSI Forum someone posted all his timely work in set-up/assignments to a Novation Remote SL and just for you and link to download it at end for your future Evolver purchase
Hey! That someone is me
Old 14.04.2013, 08:58 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreg View Post
Hey! That someone is me
boreg--I must have been daft in not recognizing same user name on DSI Forum, but notice I did not claim that to be of my own doing rather, you are correct in pronoun "someone" that I utilized. I knew Tweakhead has or had a Novation Remote SL before he moved and his avid interest in Evolver, and thought it so cool of you to post your assignment of a very deep and almost modular in nature Evolver and thought it might help pull him over into Evolver's realm of deep capabilities!!
Great work on that tidy set-up and hope you did not mind the sharing of that transplant to this forum! I do not need a controller since owning two MEK's but am impressed and wondered how you were able to assign such huge positive and negative parameters on Evolver like the lfo's...but then again, the Novation allows sysex and NPRN Hex assignments as well. A great controller.
Old 15.04.2013, 07:37 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Great work on that tidy set-up and hope you did not mind the sharing of that transplant to this forum!
Of course I don't mind! The more people see it, the better, maybe someone will find it useful.

Quote:
I do not need a controller since owning two MEK's but am impressed and wondered how you were able to assign such huge positive and negative parameters on Evolver like the lfo's...
Actually, I didn't implement LFO control. The biggest achievement is sequencer control IMO
Old 15.04.2013, 11:54 AM
Pro
Pro

Yes, the 4 LFO ranges are insane and it is reason Dave Smith used Sysex for good portion of Evolver, in order to go in ranges where midi just cannot and it allowed no stepping sounds at all in the fine adjustment of the many parameters.
I think the Evolver is the perfect companion to any version of the Virus. Once I have everything set-up again (about 1/2 way there), plan to experiment with modulation sequencing and using the external inputs to run virus through AND other way, running Evolver into Virus external inputs...the possibilities are vast!
Old 16.04.2013, 12:52 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yep, you should try all the combos possible with your gear. I even bought a gameboy with a cartridge that gives me access to the console's synth and planning on processing this sounds with external gear into the sound card for ultimate lo-fi madness! Sort like modular approach with weird tools! The VIRUS effects are very good! I'm thinking about getting this distortion pedal though:

http://www.procosound.com/effects-devices/rat2

also the moog foogers totally kill, of course, but are very expensive stuff! But I believe the sound must pay off. But probably will be looking to get some analogue gear before that. I'm lusting for analogue audio rate fm sounds, the feedback circuitry on some analogues produces a kind of sound that's also helping my gas develop!

Would like to go euro rack modular some day! Build the synth to feet the specs I want! That's be nice! Oh, and access virus ti3
Old 16.04.2013, 03:37 PM
Pro
Pro

Tweakhead....the Evolver's tuned and untuned feedback loops allows THREE inserts *per each of 4 oscillators*, just about anywhere you want, then there's the delay that has 3 or 4 places of choosing, then there's the OUTPUT *HACK* which pretty much does everything the "OTTO BISQUIT" can do in real bit crunch...on and on!
Been talking to other Evolver folk that have dabbled in modular and they say that the Evolver is unique in that it's a little bit more than "semi-modular" under the hood. Highly recommend the Mono Evolver Keyboard over Desktop because it's night and day difference with so much immediate hands on knobs/switches.
The Virus certainly can captivate my time but the Evolver makes me neglect eating, water, and bathroom breaks to point have had to literally run to relieve myself!!
I imagine running the Virus through stereo external inputs and utilizing the feedback, filters, and envelopes will be maddening!
On another topic, I am discovering just how extremely awesome the Virus effects are. May end-up trying to feed just one channel of Evo into Virus ext in then run one channel of Virus into one ext of Evo, then take remainder ext. inputs and repeat and see what kind of skronk happens, minding low levels on monitors of course.
I have done ALOT of web searches on use of external inputs on various instruments and mostly only hits of doing so with drum machines, making me think this awesome ability is not exploited in way engineers hoped people would.
Tend to look way outside the box and these kinds of experimentations are exactly how new things are found by experimentation!!

Last edited by namnibor : 16.04.2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old 16.04.2013, 07:00 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yep, the madder it looks the better

If I get analogue, I'll make sure I get a cv to midi converter along with it. Patching or combining stuff that wasn't meant to co work is a bliss, very unexpected results. And I have this thing for real unique sounds that sort of hide their origins eheh...

Right frame of mind there