Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 22.06.2008, 01:32 AM
New here
New here

Default [UNSOLVED] I can't get my Virus A to work with my Electribe

I just bought the Virus and have read the manual but I can't get the korg to work with the Virus AT ALL. I have a midi to midi to USB cable, and I know they need to be on the same midi channel but I can't get it working and I've tried everything I can think of. The only sound I have got from the virus is the demo song... now my limited understanding is the sampler should be able to send sounds to the virus and then I can manipulate them. (am I wrong??) do I need a midi keyboard instead?? Please help me as I've wanted a virus for ages and now that I've got one, it's very frustrating not being able to use it!!!!!
Old 22.06.2008, 03:11 AM
New here
New here

Default p.s.

I also tried
plugging my sampler in to the line in... nothing! aghhhhh!!
if any one can tell me how to set it up properly I'd be so happy...
Old 22.06.2008, 03:19 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

where are your speakers in this equation?
Old 24.06.2008, 01:09 AM
New here
New here

headphones in the L/phones, speakers in r/mono. It plays the demo track fine.
Old 24.06.2008, 07:52 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Not sure what you are trying to do but here´s a short guide that might help:

To play the Virus you need to send MIDI note information to the Virus (via a MIDI cable from MIDI out of a sequenser/keyboard to MIDI in on your Virus).

To manipulate sounds from a sampler with the Virus filters, vocoder and/or effects you need an audio cable from you sampler to the Virus audio input and you need to make sure that the input is turned on (if you want to use the vocoder this has to be turned on as well as the input)...

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 25.06.2008, 02:14 AM
New here
New here

I first tried playing a sample from my sampler/sequencer into the virus via midi cable, then I tried to play it through the external input with the input and the vocoder on... I still get nothing! not a sound! My sampler woks fine and I think my virus is working 'cause it plays the demo song fine. My midi cable might be broken, but it should work going through the ext. input...
Old 25.06.2008, 06:14 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad synthisist View Post
I first tried playing a sample from my sampler/sequencer into the virus via midi cable
MIDI cables are only able to send MIDI data (like note on/off, controller data and sysex). You can´t send audio through a MIDI cable...

Quote:
then I tried to play it through the external input with the input and the vocoder on... I still get nothing! not a sound!
If you have the vocoder turned on it is probebly set up so you need to press one or more keys on the keyboard (to trigger a carrier wave). Since you don´t have a MIDI keyboard (you should get one, at least just a small one) you should be able to test if it works by pressing "edit" and "sync" (in the oscillator section) simultaniously. This will trigger a middle C (You can also listen to normal patches this way). You can also turn the vocoder off and leave the input on. This way you should be able to run sounds through the Virus filters and effects...

By the way; your Electribe has a small keyboard in the bottom right? Try connecting a MIDI cable from the Electribe´s MIDI out to the Virus´s MIDI in. Now you should be able to play your Virus with the keys on your Electribe (if they send MIDI that is). I bet that it is also possible to play the Virus with the sequenser of the Electribe but i don´t know it so you´ll have to read the Electribe manual on this...

Old 26.06.2008, 02:24 AM
New here
New here

ok. I tired pressing edit and sync at the same time... nothing. I also tried turning the vocoder off (but leaving the input on) ....still nothing.
the electribe does send midi and should be able to play the virus via the sequencer, I'm sure I've seen it be done on youtube. I'm buying a new midi cable hoping that is the problem, but I should be able to send notes though the ext. input. I will also look at getting a midi keyboard, but if my virus is broken it will be a waste of money.
Old 26.06.2008, 06:49 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Did you try "edit" and "sync" with a normal patch? If this doesn´t work your MIDI cable is proberbly fine. Make sure patch volume is not "0" and that you send on the same MIDI channel as the Virus recieves (did you try in multimode?). If nothing works try a factory reset (should say in the manual how). If this doesn´t work either you might have a problem...

Last edited by Onkel Dunkel : 26.06.2008 at 06:52 AM.
Old 26.06.2008, 07:49 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel View Post
Did you try "edit" and "sync" with a normal patch?.
what do you mean "normal patch"??
patch volume 100. don't know what you mean by multimode... device ID is omni.
I'll try a factory reset...