Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.11.2008, 09:06 PM
New here
New here

Default Latency problem in FL

Hi guys,
i have bought my virus 2days ago and i have got a problem in latency in Fl Studio 8. I have instaled latest firmwere, but it nothing change. I connected to PC, MIDI KEYS - CME Uf6 by MIDI cable to my soundcard EMU1212m, i am connecting with virus Ti by USB. And now i have the problem, when i want to record something, or if i want to listen a midi file in virus sounds i hear small latency, latency in settings is at 2ms level (85samples buffor) - it is the smallest possibility.

What i should to do?

please help me

Cheers

Nivaya
Old 13.11.2008, 04:28 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

when i use my virus with usb i have to have the sounds from my emu coming out my virus or my sounds from my virus coming out my emu to keep everything in sync.

am not very technical at explaining things.

there is a live button you press in virus control to play things. I dont need to use that though as the way I have mine with the usb the latency is fine.

go in the virus control and try selecting the different outputs, this fixed it for me. if i use my emu asio driver i have to select the output for the virus sounds to be usb. if i use the virus asio i have to select the outputs to be virus output. note: I may have things back to front. i will check now.

another way, your emu sound card has a delay latency plug in thing for it. you just type a number in and everything is back in sync. was trial an error for me. no good for recording in live play. you wont need this though as with the new upgrades for the virus everything works fine.
Old 13.11.2008, 04:47 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

1 correction, when i use the virus asio, i still have to select any of the usb outputs in the virus control as the output instead of the normal ones. even though the usb is selected because I am using the virus asio the sounds come out the virus master. the sounds from my emu and the sounds from the virus.

like i said I'm not very technical at explaining things, am not sure why something are why they are but I have experienced the problems and sat there till I solved it.

I normaly use the emu asio, then use the 3 different usb outputs (even though theres only 1, confused me at first, multiple connection through 1 wire because its usb) to add differnt effects and things to diffferent part. I have lots of other hardware to and I have no latency issues at all, now.

thank god.

the emu plug in is the e-delaycompensator.
Old 04.12.2008, 07:00 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
1 correction, when i use the virus asio, i still have to select any of the usb outputs in the virus control as the output instead of the normal ones. even though the usb is selected because I am using the virus asio the sounds come out the virus master. the sounds from my emu and the sounds from the virus.

like i said I'm not very technical at explaining things, am not sure why something are why they are but I have experienced the problems and sat there till I solved it.

I normaly use the emu asio, then use the 3 different usb outputs (even though theres only 1, confused me at first, multiple connection through 1 wire because its usb) to add differnt effects and things to diffferent part. I have lots of other hardware to and I have no latency issues at all, now.

thank god.

the emu plug in is the e-delaycompensator.
Read through the manual and inspect the tutorial song for FL studio.
FL Studio does not provide automatic PDC (as modern hosts do). you will need to tweak it.

r