Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.11.2008, 12:52 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default Sync issues with snow and Abelton 7

Hi guys,

i recently downloaded the latest software from the guys at access and have noticed the snow is not in time with all my other instruments in live 7

i have gone deep into live 7 to adjust latency but still i feel it is of a few ms.
would anyone know the easy way to sync the snow? i have also choosed seq mode in the snow

thanks guys
Old 12.11.2008, 01:25 AM
This forum member lives here

Hi Antoine, can you go into a little more detail about the kind of sync issues you are experiencing?
Old 12.11.2008, 04:35 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

simply this, if i play some notes or let the snow play notes in midi on live 7 its out of time with my other instruments, i.e. a bassline in Albino an audio track with drums, a synth riff, all in time....however the snow sounds like its out of time, or not in time with all other parts in the project
Old 12.11.2008, 07:50 AM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

I've fixed this issue (and others) in the past simply by restarting my system. Try turning everything off, including the virus, then turn Virus on first, let it load, then start up your computer.

I've also found that the Virus 'likes' when I'm working in 44.1khz. The USB only transferring at this speed rather than 96 might produce sync issues sometimes?????
Old 12.11.2008, 08:58 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I think your problem may actually have been Live Mode vs. (Not live mode). I had the same problem before. Also, if your trying to playback midi from sequence to virus, turn off the record button on the track. That record button sometimes introduces latency on midi playback in Live.
Old 12.11.2008, 10:10 PM

This may be similar to the issue that I was experiencing. Basically even though my playing would be spot on (and the TI would sound immediately upon pressing a key), the midi recording would be slightly off. So upon playback, the TI would be slightly delayed. Turns out both ableton and the TI were performing delay compensation on the data stream. Apparently Access has been in discussion with Ableton regarding this, but so far a fix hasn't been released by Ableton. What I am doing is turning off delay compensation in Ableton when recording my midi data for the TI. This seems to allow the midi stream to get recorded exactly at the time I generate it. After that I turn on delay compensation and work with the rest of the song.
Old 13.11.2008, 12:02 PM
Veteran
Veteran

you don't have to turn off the delay compensation in order to make the TI be in sync with the rest of the arrangement - as long as you use the USB outs, everything is fine.

it's all in the live tutorial and access support can help out if you cannot make it work.

best, marc
Old 13.11.2008, 05:51 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Doc Jones, How do you use your TI? Virus control or straight synth/ midi? I don't ever use delay compensation. Should I be?
Old 13.11.2008, 10:18 PM

I use my TI through virus control and usb. I am going to look into the Ableton tutorial this weekend to get the slight midi delay sorted out. As far as delay compensation, I typically track everything with it turned on to keep it all in sync.