Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.02.2007, 09:07 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus TI polyphony in multi or Seq mode?

Hi guys, and gals. I just received my TI. Having been a Virus fan for many years this is trully a dream come true. This piece is a true beast. I have also made it a point to sign up to this forum, obviously, as I feel we may have a common interest.

I have but one question. I recently started my first project in Logic Pro 7.2.3 using my TI. I have my buffer set to 256, which has never caused an issue. I am running this on a dual 2.7 G5 PPC, 5.5GB ram. The project currently consists of Stylus RMX running a single drum loop and 3 channels of Viral wonder. Each of the 3 programs ranks around a 3 in terms of complexity. If I have all 3 programs playing at once, two arps one melody, I get dropouts on the melody line. These are very odd because the note begins to sound but is then cut short. Sound quality is otherwise fine, no glitching or scratching.

Is this the limit of multi mode or sequencer mode polyphony? I hope not, it cant be. I realize the patches I am using are not simple one osc afairs, but only 3 sounds running at once? I am hopping someone points out a garing issue. What are you guys averaging for number of patches playing simultaneous ?

Thanks for the input,
Callen
Old 08.02.2007, 11:37 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

the patch indicator isn't counting the unison section, check that out as it may be causing issues.

Other than that I'm getting a good few tracks at once, had as many as 10, but again depends on patches, (Had 16 init patches)
Old 08.02.2007, 11:46 PM
New here
New here

Thanks Bishop. I checked for reverd and delay, and disabled Osc 3. Unison slipped my mind, will check that out and let you know. I can see why thi would be aproblem if unison is on the bagpipe patch I am running, as this is playing a 32nd not arp pattern.

Will my buffer settings have any effect on this performance?
Old 28.02.2007, 10:12 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by callen View Post
Will my buffer settings have any effect on this performance?
Smaller buffer sizes can be problematic, as there isn't always enough time for VC to fetch data from the USB buffer. I'm using 512 samples myself, but I've seen working setups with 256... either way, your host's audio and plugin buffer sizes should be the same.