Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.12.2005, 03:50 PM

Default Virus C Output 2 and 3 problem

Yes, i'm still on a C.

I got a problem using the output 2 and 3. I want to split the audio signal from the different parts into 3 (or just 2) audio groups.

When I use the system/multi edit menu to route the individual parts to a different output (f.e. part 1-3 to output 1, 4-6 to output 2, and part 7-12 to output 3) this does not work; all the parts are still routed to output 1 :-(

I checked the hardware by defining a second output with the edit menu.
I can use output 2 and 3 - that works (so there is no hardware faillure or cable defect).

But the second output is no help, because with this function all parts are routed to this output.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a problem with my synth.

Running on 6.5

Thanks for your help.
Old 12.12.2005, 07:55 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Virus C Output 2 and 3 problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dries
Yes, i'm still on a C.

I got a problem using the output 2 and 3. I want to split the audio signal from the different parts into 3 (or just 2) audio groups.

When I use the system/multi edit menu to route the individual parts to a different output (f.e. part 1-3 to output 1, 4-6 to output 2, and part 7-12 to output 3) this does not work; all the parts are still routed to output 1

Am I doing something wrong, or do I have a problem with my synth.
Almost certainly nothing wrong with your Virus.

First of all, try a reset to see if that helps. (Power On whilst holding down LFO Shape - continue to hold until 'Initialising..' messages start appearing).

Another possibility is simply that you are hearing the output of the Delay/Reverb from the other parts out of Out1 - this is because these effects are only ever sent to the main outs.
Old 13.12.2005, 06:47 AM

hello ben, thanks for your help.

a reset does not help.

funny thing is, this function should be very simple - I just set the output of a part from Out1 L+R to Out2 L+R or Out3 L+R - I route the output to my mixer and on the 3 stereo channels I should get the different sounds isnt it?

the second output function indeed does work. I can sent the effects to output 2 or 3 and I can sent the normal signal to 2 or 3 (then use balance to mix them together - this works fine). but as I said, that is no help because with this function all parts are routed to the same second output (thats not what I want - I want 3 groups of different parts routed to 3 different outputs).

any ideas??

Thanks.

Dries
Old 13.12.2005, 06:56 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dries
hello ben, thanks for your help.

a reset does not help.

funny thing is, this function should be very simple - I just set the output of a part from Out1 L+R to Out2 L+R or Out3 L+R - I route the output to my mixer and on the 3 stereo channels I should get the different sounds isnt it?
That does indeed sound correct. I haven't got my Virus C at home right now, so I can't check it out for you today, but if you pm me an arrangement dump of your multi setup, I can take a look at it sometime soon for you.
Old 13.12.2005, 10:08 AM

thanks ben, a PM with the midi file has been send to you.

best regards

dries
Old 09.07.2012, 07:40 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Hello,

I know this is an old post, but I've got the exact same problem, audio from part 2 is routed to OUT 1, no matter what. It seems like I can route part 1 to the other OUTS with no problem, but not with the other parts. Anyone know why it behaves this way? I'm in multisingle mode.

Indigo 2 (virus c) owner.
Old 14.10.2015, 05:04 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Hi there,

it seems like it's quite an old thing but I've got exactly the same trouble right now!

I've searched in the manual several times but nothing about that.

Could someone help me please?