Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 19.01.2005, 01:47 PM

Default virus + sampler (timing issues)

hi everyone!

me and a friend are doing a live act this summer at a pretty large festival. we will have the TI and some sort of sampler (maybe the new fusion from alesis.. or something else).

what i am interested to know is how/if those two can work together. lets say i have an arpeggio pattern on the TI i wanna play along side some tracks on the sampler, is it possible to have those "work together" so that the timing is perfect?? or do i need to do this manually?

i'm sure someone here knows how to solve this
Old 19.01.2005, 02:24 PM
New here
New here

I suppose you can connect the Polar and the sampler together with midi cables. Two cables. In and outs to both machines.

They will be in perfect sync. But don't forget to put one machine in slave mode. I would probably but the sampler in slave mode.

Thats what I would do. But there are other ways too.
Old 20.01.2005, 03:56 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

The Viruses can sync to incoming midi clock no trouble - infact they will automaticly sync.

As the Fusion has a multi track recorder/sequencer amongst other bits and peices I would probably sync the Virus to that, rather than the other way round.

The other option (specially if you don't get that Alesis) is syncing what ever gear you will be using to some sort of host sequencer.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut