Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 20.08.2009, 08:42 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
but why should a company like access care about that you are using a sampler? just think about it
Thank about what?! You're not making any sense.

It's very apparent that you don't know what you're talking about. You can not use the Virus TI on a 64-bit OS. This has nothing to do with samplers. If you have a 64 bit OS you can not use it. Are you understanding? By not releasing 64-bit drivers Access is alienating a huge majority of musicians.

Even despite that, your argument makes no sense. The Virus is purchased and sold as a component to your rig. Access does not sell the virus thinking it will be the ONLY piece of equipment someone would own. To say they wouldn't care about someone "using a sampler" is narrow-minded and just really a strange thing to say.

You think about it.

Last edited by Logicology : 20.08.2009 at 08:54 PM.
Old 31.08.2009, 03:46 PM
New here
New here

Still no news on the 64 bit drivers ???
Old 02.09.2009, 08:28 AM
Pro
Pro

I am sure Marc has put a post on the Companies forum that now the 3.1.0 is out and virtually stable the work on 64 bit is in progress xxx fingers crossed xxx

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 02.09.2009, 08:39 AM
Am starting to like this forum

*joins in the fingers-crossing*

I'm waiting for this to build my new sequencer, c'mon guys, my art cannot wait
My personal music (classical, soundtrack, anything else): http://www.myspace.com/stefanobottarellimusic

"Everything starts with E"
Old 03.09.2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logicology View Post
Thank about what?! You're not making any sense.

It's very apparent that you don't know what you're talking about. You can not use the Virus TI on a 64-bit OS. This has nothing to do with samplers. If you have a 64 bit OS you can not use it. Are you understanding? By not releasing 64-bit drivers Access is alienating a huge majority of musicians.

Even despite that, your argument makes no sense. The Virus is purchased and sold as a component to your rig. Access does not sell the virus thinking it will be the ONLY piece of equipment someone would own. To say they wouldn't care about someone "using a sampler" is narrow-minded and just really a strange thing to say.

You think about it.
The point is: it´s too Early for 64 Bit, when Access releases 64 Bit drivers its´ gonna be one huge Beta Test

for me it´s important to have a stable, productive system to be able to work on my music, not betatesting all over again

access should really put all energy in their 32 Bit Drivers and make those rock solid (still lots of issues)

also Sequenzers like Reaper, Studio One...should be supported, theres windows 7 coming soon, still issues with win7...you see, there is still a LOT to do for Access with 32Bit!
Old 03.09.2009, 08:51 AM

How is it too early to start working on 64 bit? Access is border-lining on being retardedly behind the times as far as 64 bit support goes. It's been stated on the official access forums that 64 bit support is the next thing they're working on though now that 3.1.0 is out

If you're still having stability problems with 3.1.0 you should get in contact with access support though because it's rock solid for me and for a lot of other people.

And issues with win 7? Lack of 64 bit support is likely going to alienate WAY more customers than a few small problems with win 7. The win 7 people would still be able to use the virus even if it was a little buggy here and there. The 64 bit group has no option if they want to actually use VC.
Old 19.09.2009, 01:24 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
How is it too early to start working on 64 bit? Access is border-lining on being retardedly behind the times as far as 64 bit support goes. It's been stated on the official access forums that 64 bit support is the next thing they're working on though now that 3.1.0 is out

If you're still having stability problems with 3.1.0 you should get in contact with access support though because it's rock solid for me and for a lot of other people.

And issues with win 7? Lack of 64 bit support is likely going to alienate WAY more customers than a few small problems with win 7. The win 7 people would still be able to use the virus even if it was a little buggy here and there. The 64 bit group has no option if they want to actually use VC.
+1... totally agree. 64 bit driver needs to be released soon. I have a new PC i7 with 12 Gb and XP 64 bit and nowdays i have to work with my old 32 bit XP 1 GB 3.0 GHz in order to use VC
Old 24.09.2009, 12:08 PM
New here
New here

Has anyone tried wrappers such as fx teleport. Eg use an x32 host on an x64 os, use fx teleport (install both client and server on same pc) to access an extra 4gb per instance.
Old 01.10.2009, 10:55 AM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch View Post
Has anyone tried wrappers such as fx teleport. Eg use an x32 host on an x64 os, use fx teleport (install both client and server on same pc) to access an extra 4gb per instance.
the virus control plugin would still need a 64bit driver to talk ot the virus ti.

but you might give the 64bit public beta a try...

r
Old 01.10.2009, 11:22 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Here is your 64 Bit support (Windows and Mac)

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showthread.php?t=31579

Last edited by HUEY : 01.10.2009 at 12:15 PM.