Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 07.06.2009, 09:17 AM
New here
New here

Default "lets Make A Stand"

Hi guys im new to this form!

i sent this to access and im waiting for
a reply>>

"Hi im a proud owner of a virus polar for a few years now. I have recently upgraded my whole Pc system to accommodate vista 64bit because I need to utilize the capability of using more ram. I am disappointed in the lack of 64bit support from access. Me and countless others who have virus ti’s are waiting with our units getting dusty, there are many others who simply are not buying into your product for the simple reason that they can not use it within there environment. 64bit is the future im afraid and im just saying that the support is needed not a whole new virus control pugin with 64bit features but something, anything that works! Thanks for your time and considering this as high priority"

i advise to all who are having the same problem to make a stand and hammer the message home. go to there site and post a simple message!! eventualy somthing has to give. the more the merrier so DO IT!!!
>>>> http://www.access-music.de/emailsupportform.php4
Old 09.06.2009, 11:34 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I sent a question too. Their answer was that they cannot comment on future releases. I recently upgraded my system (really old that was shutting down on its own) and didn't even realize that Virus TI didn't support 64-bit until I tried to install the drivers... I too would like to get a approximate date when the 64-bit driver is coming out. I can wait, but I'm concerned now because there is no information about it.
Old 09.06.2009, 05:48 PM
Pro
Pro

Ebay is a good source of rebellion! An ETA would be awefully sporting, nice and of course 'GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE'!

in all honesty I am trusting that the recent successof version 3.0.3 developmet that we will see a fruitful advance.

Lets face it theres a massive increase in people using more than 4GB ram in systems and for projects, it would be crazy not to have 64 bit support.

A lot of the DAWs offer it and have done for several years Sonar and now Cubase to name 2 I know of.

Let's see what happens i guess...couldn't seel the virus but i will shout out...

UPGRADED TO 64BIT AND MY EMAGIC UNITOR8 IS NOT SUPPORTED SO THE NATURAL MOVE WAS -''Hey I've got an Access Virus TI with MIDI surely that will work''

£uck it doesn't

Fingers-crossed

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx
Old 09.06.2009, 05:54 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shsyrjan View Post
I sent a question too. Their answer was that they cannot comment on future releases. I recently upgraded my system (really old that was shutting down on its own) and didn't even realize that Virus TI didn't support 64-bit until I tried to install the drivers... I too would like to get a approximate date when the 64-bit driver is coming out. I can wait, but I'm concerned now because there is no information about it.
Just get out the midi cables and make some music duder.

64bit will come eventually.
Old 26.06.2009, 07:54 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
but its the only thing that someone could tell @ the moment why to use 64 bit for audio apps

test it and you will see using a 64 bit os is just wasting time at this point of time

better stick to your productive 32 bit os untill windows 8 and really be productive and not just testing stuff
Everything I use works very well under Vista 64 using Cubase 5 32-bit. I installed Vista on my new i7 machine with 6GB of RAM to make use of that full 4GB of memory in Cubase. The only thing I am restriced on right now is my inability to use Virus Control with the TI because of this disappointing lack of 64-bit drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonis View Post
Oh and it's windows 7 not 8
The comment was that Windows 8 (or whatever they will call it) will be 64-bit only. This is true, Windows 7 will be the last Windows OS to come in a native 32-bit version. Windows 8 will only include the WOW64 compatability layer, but the 64-bit kernel will still require 64-bit drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
Just get out the midi cables and make some music duder.

64bit will come eventually.
I only use my Virus TI with the plugin and USB interface. Why would I want to deal with the hassle of taking up 2 more inputs on my interface, connecting MIDI (for which I have no old-school MIDI interface), trying to get everything to sync, etc, etc. I could just stick to my plugins. That TI is starting to look more and more like a candidate for eBay.
Old 27.06.2009, 10:16 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
test it and you will see using a 64 bit os is just wasting time at this point of time
Thats due to the state of driver support from access and yamaha at this time, otherwise I would have been using 64 bit for a couple years now.
Old 18.07.2009, 12:00 AM
New here
New here

cant believe it .. still no drivers for the virus ti... that's the only driver I am waiting for.. $#@%!@#$% damn access!! wake up!
Old 18.07.2009, 03:53 AM
Infektion taking hold...

I've got a dual boot on my I7. XP on one side, W7 on the other. Would love to be using Windows 7/64 with ableton, but VC is the only thing holding me back. I even use W7/64 for my video editing.

But yeah, with Windows 8 being ONLY 64bit, I don't see feasibility for any company to hold back on 64 bit drivers.

Unless they're discontinuing product?

Would love a word. None of us want to be stuck in 32 bit world for the rest of our lives just because we love our antiquated hardware. Access, please don't let that be you.

Something tells me though that Access has the integrity to bring us 64bit -- keeping in mind that converting drivers from 32bit to 64bit is no picnic from what I've heard from other developers.
Old 19.07.2009, 06:30 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I am hopeful that they will release x64 drivers to coincide with Windows 7 release.

*fingers crossed*

Keep in mind this is >3 months away!

Last edited by incubatid : 19.07.2009 at 06:50 AM.
Old 20.07.2009, 08:39 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
But yeah, with Windows 8 being ONLY 64bit, I don't see feasibility for any company to hold back on 64 bit drivers.
Windows 8 Interesting quote????

Only 64bit Even more interesting quote????

Windows 7 is the next release due and is 32 and 64 bit home/pro and ultimate editions....

My noodles, nothing spicy...
https://soundcloud.com/mystafx