Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 09.04.2009, 11:48 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Unhappy

I just set up a new system with Vista 64 home premium. It's a swift system with an i7 and 6 gigs of ram. I'd really like to use these features, but it looks like I"m going to have to downgrade.

64BIT PLEASE!

Or

At least let us install as 32 bit in 64 bit. I'm going to install XP on here I guess, and I'm not excited about the ~ 3 gig limit. Hopefully I'll be able to get some use outa my $100 vista license soon...

Soon come, hopefully.

Last edited by zeno : 10.04.2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 14.05.2009, 09:57 PM
New here
New here

Default 64 bit drivers ...

Please, Access. No more delay.

I was fully convinced of buying my virus in 2006. I was glad because I'm sure you are a vanguard company, but I'm now in disgusse... I'm not agree with your policy about not updating (1 year ago or before!!!) the core drivers for running on VISTA...

Don't think about pro users are using xp. XP is death (good or not, but death). It's a discontinued product. Is my virus TI a discontinued product too?. I think not, because the new OS. So, develelop 64 drivers, please...

Sincerely,

Jordi Mayor Gisbert.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (Microsoft Windows NT, 2000 & 2003)
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (Microsoft Windows 2000 & 2003)
Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT on all Microsoft Workstation and Server operating systems)
Old 19.05.2009, 10:07 PM
Newborn
Newborn

I already sent an Email to the Access Support, but they didn´t give some information about a 64 bit version. It´s really disappointing! All the hardware stuff I use in my studio comes with a 64 bit driver, from RME to CME etc.
Old 05.06.2009, 09:28 PM
New here
New here

If there is anyone at Access reading this? Is there at least some kind of pre-alpha build of just the driver component that I can use to talk to 32-bit Virus Control floating around in your development labs so I can limp along for now? I haven't even turned on my TI since March over this stupid driver issue. I use the USB connection and Virus Control for everything.
Old 06.06.2009, 03:37 PM
Am starting to like this forum

ask yourself does 64 bit bring any + for you??

guess not really, unless your not using any samplers which require lots of ram then forget it, i think 64 Bit is just a big Promotion Joke

i have a ti 2 on windows 7 32 bit, Intel Quadcore, that´s more than enough power

and if you still need 64 Bit:

Presonus Studio One

HIGH-END AUDIO ENGINE
Studio One is based on a cutting-edge audio engine that delivers unparalleled sound and automatically switches between 32-bit and 64-bit floating-point processing on the fly (even with a 32-bit OS), ensuring the highest quality audio at all times.

http://www.presonus.com/products/Sof...?SoftwareId=11

so you don´t really need 64 bit OS

also things could go new ways in Windows 8
Old 06.06.2009, 05:29 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

64bit memory addressing is not marketing. it's real and it's the future. windows 8 will be 64 bit only and the coming mac osx snow leopard is 64bit aswell. 32bit is really at the end of its lifecycle now.
Old 06.06.2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
tudio One is based on a cutting-edge audio engine that delivers unparalleled sound and automatically switches between 32-bit and 64-bit floating-point processing on the fly (even with a 32-bit OS), ensuring the highest quality audio at all times.
That has nothing to do with using a 64bit OS so that you can use more RAM at all.
Old 06.06.2009, 10:06 PM

but its the only thing that someone could tell @ the moment why to use 64 bit for audio apps

test it and you will see using a 64 bit os is just wasting time at this point of time

better stick to your productive 32 bit os untill windows 8 and really be productive and not just testing stuff
Old 07.06.2009, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynth View Post
but its the only thing that someone could tell @ the moment why to use 64 bit for audio apps

test it and you will see using a 64 bit os is just wasting time at this point of time

better stick to your productive 32 bit os untill windows 8 and really be productive and not just testing stuff
To be honest 64 bit audio processing is likely the least common reason for wanting to switch to 64 bit.

32 bit windows can not address more than 4gb of RAM (including video memory, so around 3.5gb for most people) it's really not that hard at all to eat up that much ram doing audio production. Not to mention I do other things on my computer that would really benefit from the ability to upgrade to 64 bit and pop in some more ram.

Oh and it's windows 7 not 8
Old 07.06.2009, 05:31 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I am new to the forum and just read this thread with great interest. I would like to be a Virus owner, but the only thing holding me back from a purchase is this 64-bit Vista incompatiblity issue. I hope Access is paying attention to the market share they may be losing and that I represent.

Linwood