Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 03.10.2009, 06:47 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default After reinstall of my pc nothing works. Only strange behaviours.

I have no power any more. I am frustrated till the end.

My PC had a harddisc crash, so I need to replace it and install everything new. I thought I was a littly lucky because I managed to backup my saved songs from my daw/sequencer program. So I thought it would be not problem to get everything working as before (because every thing is stored in the files the configuration of the daw as well as the setting of every parameter of the virus control).

But things does not go that way:

- I installed the virus ti software installer for 2.7.5 version which I used and worked before
- but different to what I remember and is stated in the installation I was not asked to connect the virus snow via usb to the computer
- I managed that be reinstalling the drivers via the now available program (at programs->access music->...)
- At that driver update the program performed a sync of all banks. This has not happend when I installed the software the first time earlier this year. And I don't know in which direction this sync was required and done?
- I was also irritated because the (audio) driver version was 2.8.14, because I thought all sw version started with 2.7.5.xxx at first installation (but I am not sure)
- then I needed to reinstall my daw/sequencer program

After that I loaded a song into the daw and after some modification (setting the vsti plugin folder correctly etc.) I started to play the song. After some seconds it was clear that something is not working correct. The different tracks are no more in sync and even only a single part is playing faster and slower not stable with the length and space of the notes.

I do not know, but I played arround to find the reason, and now got the error:

A output confi. problem in Virus Control occured.
This project makes use of the opt. third USB output which is currently disabled. You might enable the third output in the Utility/Config Tab within the Virus Control.
Details:
- Part 3, 4 are mapped to USB3
- The Global Surround parameter is mapped to USB3

I never changed that global surround parameter. AND I have never seen the value "-GUSB3" which is now always selected for part 3 and 4. But even when I change all 4 parts to "USB1 L+R" and setting the surround to 'none', it does not work because I get immediately 1000 of windows complaining the above problem. I have to kill the daw.

I am really at the end, because my experience with things like that tell me, that there will be nobody that can help/explain/solve my problem. Why? Because that stuff is the most complex stuff I am ever faced to. It is related to

- my individual pc installation
- usb driver things
- my used daw/sequencer (which is non of the supported) and to its 1000 possible settings
- the virus sw/control where noone is using 2.7.5 anymore
- the virus itself (where is the 'USB' when connected?)

As I said, I am exhausted. I have absolutely no clue what the reason could be. Tried different usb, but I have no information what is a hub and what is no hub at my acer pc. And I did not know where I had it connect 7 month working. Only I know is that it was at one of the 4 at the backside (not the frontside) of the pc. I assume it could be some with latency and asynchronity when using a bad usb socket, but I asume it has nothing to do with the error of the (virtual) USB3 error in the daw.

Please help if someone can.
Old 04.10.2009, 10:55 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Sorry for my all my cant and crying. (Sometimes it is necessary to do so, helps a little.)

I got my stuff working again.
I found out that all the general settings of my daw/sequencer is stored in some *.ini files, which I can access at my old harddisc (this partition is not corrupted). Thank god that the settings have not been stored in the windows registry!

I reinstalled my daw again totally new, and then overwrite all that (*.ini, etc.) files which are newer than the original installation date. I've done also a textual compare of the readable files, and have seen that there are many differences also related with 'minimal latency' etc. If I had to find out the correct setting myself again, this would have been last several days if ever.

So the songs are now played correctly as before my computer crash.

There is only on thing that I need to do for all of my tracks when loading the first time: I have to set part 3 and 4 from "-GUSB3 L+R" to "USB1 L+R" and store it.
I can live with that, but I have no idea why at Virus Control part 3 and 4 is initialy set to this strange USB output. Is there anywhere a Virus Control config or ini file, where this can be changed globally?

Again sorry, for crying arround here. Seems I am still not a big boy.