Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 02.01.2009, 01:03 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Default The musicians are almost extinct

Well, I can see in youtube the decadence of the music and zero creativity and originality, mostly of the people don't play keyboards or don't even use one, looks like the artists now are the engineers and designers because sad to say almost all the people expend thousands and thousands of Dollars on music equipment just for play with them like toys with zero music knowledge, you can see the new fashion called "jam", the guys just switch on sequencers and arppregiators twist a little few knobs and they call that music, just patetic.
I believe the sequencers and the arppregiators are tools for help to play not a way to play music.

Old 02.01.2009, 07:00 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I can see where you are coming from.
I believe there is still a lot of musicality behind the "better" electronica eg. Booka Shade, Sasha etc....
Old 02.01.2009, 08:15 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

the quality stuff is still out there, what were you expecting to get for free on youtube?
Old 02.01.2009, 03:32 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthfiend View Post
I can see where you are coming from.
I believe there is still a lot of musicality behind the "better" electronica eg. Booka Shade, Sasha etc....
Sasha is a DJ not a musician, the rest I dont know them.
Old 02.01.2009, 05:02 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

why does this bother you ?

how would you feel if you bought a nice car and some smug rally driver started giving you grief because you can't drive it profesionally ?

it isn't your money, it's theirs and they can spend it on whatever they want.

click me for main download page
Old 02.01.2009, 05:35 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I was having a discussion last night after DJing for a New Years party. A man came up to me and asked if DJs were musicians. I spoke for myself because I am a musician. Although my friend who had played before me doesn't play any other instruments, he spoke for himself and said, no I am not a musician. There are many different people in the world.

That is all.
Old 02.01.2009, 05:36 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamEvil View Post
why does this bother you ?

how would you feel if you bought a nice car and some smug rally driver started giving you grief because you can't drive it profesionally ?

it isn't your money, it's theirs and they can spend it on whatever they want.
Sure, you can spend your money in whatever you want like a nice car and big ass sport but if you try to drive this car like a rally driver on professional way like you said you will have a bad ending, you can buy it but you will dont drive this car like a crazy mother $%^&^ or you get a ticket in every corner and go to the jail for sure that without mention if you kill somebody on the crazy way. The big diference is one keyboard is not a "weapon" like a car is in literal terms, that car you are talking about if for show what you have. Only if you keyboard is for show you are right. With the keyboard only looks ridiculus only making noises, just for fun is ok but where is the music?
Look it this... some friend come home and you show proud you car for sure they undestand you can not drive it and maybe you dont know but the big ass sport cars they come with a limitator circuit built in, so maybe you have your Ferrari or Porsche but they are limited on power, that is law.
Anyways what happens when you show your music production studio to you friends?
you just turn knobs? or they are expencting to hear some played for you?
Is too much difference between I have something and I know use it, I saw guys make amazing thing with a $200 Casio, money can not buy talent or skills my friend. Money open the door for learn and if you have money and you dont learn is because you are lazy if is your case dont complain, just learn, is up to you, the embarrazment is yours.

Last edited by waxahachie : 02.01.2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 02.01.2009, 08:27 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

from what I can decypher with your wall of broken text..

You think that it is somehow your right to be able to own these electronic instruments because you've earned the right to use them by learning how to use them correctly, yet other people without your experience shouldn't really be allowed to have them and post videos of them on youtube because you think they are talentless ?

why don't you show the world what amazing talents you have by posting your music ?

I'm no "Pro" but I like synths , I've worked my arse off this last year to pay for my equipment and everything I do know about synths and music has been self taught. I have also posted talentless demos on youtube where I judt twiddle knobs to show what sounds to expect from the equipment should anyone else wish to buy one.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=KljtT_...e=channel_page

So who are you again to tell me and others like me what I should and shouldn't be allowed to buy ?

Why don't you worry about your own music rather than bleeting on an internet forum about these "talentless" knob twiddling individuals with better equipment than you?

click me for main download page

Last edited by IamEvil : 02.01.2009 at 09:35 PM.
Old 02.01.2009, 09:40 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

It's perfectly ok to like synths, and to like twisting knobs and watching blinking lights and learning about making noises, without ever being required to make music... This is following inspiration wherever it may lead. When did making music become something we must do? The very thought makes me feel stressed.

Also, every person buying a synth is helping manufacturers stay in business. If only talented musicians were allowed have gear, there'd be none. So stop demanding that everyone be as good as you, please.
Old 02.01.2009, 09:51 PM
Infektion taking hold...

I never try to offend dude, about upload videos is very nice, I thought many times, especially exercises show tips and tricks for improve better performance but I don't have video camera even I dont have piano any more I lost my Kaway years ago in my past divorce, actually im a worker with bad pay, no options of venefits. About music (thing I love) I was playing for the past two and half years with a cheap Yamaha from Walmart, now all i have is one Virus Classic, un M-Audio board and the Yamaha, yo can see I dont have much to show, just today I finished one piano patch for be used with the Virus and im so happy for it.
I created this thread trying to motivate to the people who dont read music or play to advance foward because im not more that you and you are not more than me but one thing is for sure, if you can feed youself you can play piano.